Details: Salary is commensurate with qualification and experience.
901 South Highland Street
Job Summary: The Program Officer (PO) develops and enhances ECDC affiliates’ capacity to successfully implement the Preferred Communities (PC) program; serves as the lead on designing/developing ongoing training materials; lead on writing quarterly success stories; lead on resource development to enhance PC affiliates’ capacity to provide adequate and quality intensive case management services. The PO determines priorities and ensures program performance complies with ECDC and ORR requirements.
1. Serves as the primary liaison for assigned PC affiliate sites.
2. Communicates on a regular basis with affiliate PC staff, responds to questions and clarifies program policies and guidelines.
3. Conducts on-site and desk monitoring of PC affiliates, documents findings, and prepares and submits monitoring reports.
4. Reviews affiliate monthly financial expenditures and prepares reimbursement requests on a timely basis.
5. Disseminates project-related information and emails alerts to PC affiliates.
6. Conducts monthly and quarterly conference calls with affiliate PC staff.
1. Develops/updates and provides ongoing training and technical assistance to PC affiliates via webinars, online platforms and during annual national training.
2. Identifies financial and other resources to support the capacity of ECDC and its PC affiliates to serve special needs populations.
3. Monitors, tracks, compiles, and writes affiliate program outcomes and share report with the Associate Director in a quarterly basis.
4. Writes quarterly success stories of PC clients to be shared with ORR and posted on ECDC’s website.
5. Assists in proposal writing. Responsible for reviewing and editing proposals, budgets, budget narratives, and other materials submitted by assigned affiliate sites.
6. In collaboration with other PC staff, assists in creating and/or updating program-related documents, manuals, and guidelines as needed.
7. In collaboration with other PC staff, conducts needs assessment of PC affiliates twice a year or more as needed.
8. In collaboration with other PC staff, assists PC affiliates in developing/improving program evaluation and outcomes tracking tools as well as standard operating procedures.
9. Attends all meetings, conferences and training related to the project when requested.
10. Maintains the PC program database.
11. Oversees intern projects, provides ongoing mentorship and advice, when assigned.
1. Assists in the planning, preparation for, and implementation of ECDC’s annual national training for ECDC’s resettlement affiliates, and associated trainings, conferences and meetings.
2. Represents ECDC at external meetings and/or working groups.
3. Handles other assignments as required.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is preferred.
· A minimum of two year’s work experience in direct program and/or project management.
· Proven experience in designing and conducting workshops and trainings to a large audience.
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs.
· Familiarity with federally-funded contracts/programs.
· General Knowledge of domestic refugee resettlement issues and experience working with refugees and/or service providers, a plus.
· Excellent and effective written and verbal communications skills.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to plan and manage work to meet deadlines occasionally under limited time constraints.
· Ability to manage multiple assignments, to exercise initiative and judgment and to make decisions within the scope of assigned responsibilities.
· Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
· Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet; experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey.
· Experience with web meeting platforms such as Adobe Connect, WebEx, and Go-To-Meeting.
· Able to relate professionally to and collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a multicultural work environment.
· Ability to travel to affiliate sites for monitoring and provide training and technical assistance.
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours occasionally.
· Must be legally eligible for employment in the U.S.
· Must pass a background check.
ECDC offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and vacations as well as a generous retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required