Details: Low $30,000s
4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
The candidate need possess strong product knowledge and customer service skills while working in a fast paced environment with specific experience in a point-of-sale register systems. Daily responsibilities include all tasks necessary to the successful operation of a retail operation.
- Ensures that stock levels are maintained in neat and attractive manner.
- Receives all incoming deliveries for the shop that includes processing and marking incoming merchandise.
- Provides courteous and efficient service to customers, by phone, and in a brick and mortar setting.
- Processes cash, credit card and check transactions in point-of-sale register.
- Places any special orders and communicates delivery schedules, etc. to customers.
- Performs other related duties projects as required.
- Participate in council wide projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED plus experience working in a retail store (i.e. sales clerk).
- Proven ability to work with multiple tasks in an organized, well-paced manner.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform arithmetic computations and to handle cash and credit transactions using electronic cash register.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and the public.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule, which may include evening and/or weekend work.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
Preference may be given to candidates with Girl Scout experience with basic knowledge of the all the Girl Scout program levels. Experience in retail sales environment with basic cash-handling experience, creative skills in merchandising/display and strong customer service skills/interaction may be helpful.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $91.53 per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee-paid short-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required