District of Columbia
Reporting to the Social Media Strategist, the Social Media Associate is a creative thinker who will help develop, coordinate, and execute communications activities and initiatives for the Indivisible Project with a focus on social media. This person will also assist with broader team-wide tasks, including crafting and managing paid ads on social media, crafting video content, and other projects as assigned.
We are hiring for this position immediately. This position is full-time, with a salary range of $48-55,000, commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to share our materials in compelling and creative ways,
- Help develop and implement the social media strategy for Indivisible Project campaigns;
- Create and produce powerful social media content,
- Work with the data team to monitor and analyze our social media statistics,
- Monitor and track online activity across the Indivisible network,
- Assist in crafting and creating paid social media ads, and
- Moderate our online community on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Other Communications Support:
- Support and facilitate coordination for campaigns across teams and with outside stakeholders
- Assist as needed with digital, writing, research, and organizational projects on discrete issue-related and electoral campaigns; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of social media experience in a professional or volunteer capacity for a political campaign or non-profit;
- Experience crafting social media content in a professional or official volunteer capacity for a group or organization;
- Excellent communication skills—Spanish language skills a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment;
- Motivation and willingness to learn;
- Cultural competency and experience talking and writing for diverse audiences about social justice issues, especially racial and immigrant justice; and
- Alignment on the core values and strategy of the Indivisible Project.
In lieu of a cover letter, please send a 280 character or less statement about what excites you about this position, how this opportunity will help you grow professionally, and why you’re excited to work at Indivisible. Emojis, gifs, and memes are welcome - get creative!
Note: If you believe you can fulfill the job responsibilities, are a good match, and are excited by the position, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above please still apply and emphasize any transferable skills in your resume.
Minimum Education Required