Pre-K Part-time Assessment Specialist
- Job posted by NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute
Details: $35 per hour
16 Court Street
The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that works to ensure that all early childhood practitioners have access to a comprehensive system of professional development. The Institute is committed to the success of NYC’s Pre-K for All Program and its teachers and is searching for full-time and part-time Pre-K Assessment Specialists who have the skills and expertise to support the successful implementation of developmental screening and authentic assessment tools.
The Pre-K Assessment Specialist will provide targeted support to Pre-K for All programs in meeting the Department of Education (DOE) expectations related to:
- Using a developmental screening tool to identify potential developmental delays and English Language Acquisition support needs.
- Implementing an authentic assessment system to monitor children’s developmental progress while informing curriculum and instruction.
- Deepening teachers shared understanding of children’s development and learning across domains to inform instruction.
Equipped with a solid understanding of child development, the ideal candidates will have strong data analysis and professional development skills.
Reporting to the Institute’s Director of Early Childhood, the Pre-K Assessment Specialist will provide targeted support to Pre-K for All programs in meeting DOE expectations by:
- Conducting site visits to Pre-K for All programs in order to support staff in implementing screening and assessment tools in a culturally, linguistically, and developmentally responsive manner.
- Maintaining accurate records of each visit in as determined by the DOE Division of Early Childhood Education (DEDE).
- Supporting the DECE effort to collect, manage, and analyze data necessary to support implementation of developmental screening and assessment.
- Conducting outreach to Pre-K for All programs, including providing clear, accurate and timely communication to sites related to developmental screening and authentic assessment topics.
- Reviewing and responding to reports and inquiries submitted by field offices, partner agencies and site leaders.
- Analyzing data with basic Excel methods (including vlookup), interpreting results, and providing written summaries of data analyses.
- Providing professional learning support to Pre-K for All teachers and leaders related to developmental screening and authentic assessment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Early Childhood
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related area.
- At least 3 years of experience as an early childhood teacher in a program that utilized an online Authentic Assessment tool.
- At least 2 years of experience providing professional learning experiences for teachers.
- Knowledge of early childhood screening and assessment tools.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate about data.
- Familiarity with Pre-K for All Program Quality Standards and the Pre-K Foundation for the Common Core.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain successful collaborative partnerships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel by public transportation to classroom sites throughout the five boroughs.
SALARY: Part time (18 hours/week): $35/hour
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the Research Foundation website at: