PACE Career Academy (“PACE”) (http://www.pacecareeracademy.org/ ) seeks a dynamic and accomplished leader to assume the position of Student Support Manager. The manager provides overall leadership and direction for PACE under the direction of the Executive Director. This position is one that must take extreme ownership of staff, young people and families, whom we refer to as “PACErs”. They will exude the PACE mission and values around providing every student an individualized opportunity for success.
The successful candidate will (1) be an inspiring leader and communicator, (2) have a strong understanding of a-typical learners (3) have an accomplished background in program design and engagement (4) be aligned with the school’s philosophy, mission, and values, and (5) have a strong commitment to community involvement.
PACE Career Academy is dedicated to allowing students to partner in the design of their academic, career, and personal growth paths with a goal of becoming an essential part of their community, family, and place of work. We offer a highly personalized combination of personal development, core academics and career experience.
PACE Core Values:
As PACErs we will strive for growth and safety in our school and community by having an open mind, being respectful and taking ownership of our actions and learning.
As PACErs we will have an open mind demonstrated by
- Allowing all a chance to contribute
- Actively listening to one another
- Asking clarifying questions
- Giving a safe space for all to have a voice
As PACErs we will be respectful of others and ourselves through
- Assuming the best intentions
- Putting yourself in other people’s shoes
- Using kind words
- Using spaces and materials responsibly
As PACErs we will take ownership of our actions, learning, and responsibilities by
- Arriving to class on time
- Being proactive to ask for help and missed work
- Knowing and attempting to meet expectations
- Admitting mistakes when expectations aren't met
- Setting and striving to reach individual goals
- Manage social work interns, coaches, and AmeriCorps members
- Recruiting/managing community partners and coordinating collateral meetings
- Design and assess programs to support whole child
- Facilitate weekly meetings to ensure program excellence
- Manage and report data of program efficacy to Executive Director and PACE Board
- Facilitate, assess, and support in culture building using restorative justice, positive behavioral interventions, the cooperative problem solving approach, and PACE values
- Co-facilitate weekly school meetings with Academic and Workforce Manager to ensure school and staff alignment around meeting individual and organizational goals.
- Leads school wide counseling for all students and internal referrals
- Provides direct counseling as appropriate to individual students
- Provides consultation to families and service providers as needed and maintains students’ counseling files and pertinent documentation.
- Organizes and refers eligible students for outside mental health services.
- Manages student and family crisis response by PACE with support from Executive Director
- Design and implement life skills groups four times weekly, running approximately 2.5 hrs each.
- In collaboration with Academic and Workforce Manager create curriculum and competencies for life skills and track data
- Create programming to support student needs and well-being
- Manage workforce opportunities through groups including guest speakers, community service, career exploration, career exposure, college tours, trade school tours, etc.
- Provide additional small group counseling as needed
Student Support and Family Engagement
- Design and manage PACEr Road Maps for students
- Facilitates restorative listening/talking circles to resolve conflicts between students and/or staff.
- Leads Support Team meetings to assess PACEr needs and adjust programming accordingly
- Develops strategies and plans for students to cope with their emotions, defuse conflicts, and self-regulate.
- Maintains contact with families and works with them to ensure appropriate supports are being implemented at home.
- Facilitate PACE open house and other community engagement events
- Provide home visits as necessary
- Assists students in crisis situations and makes appropriate referrals and/or implements immediate interventions.
- Develops student intervention and de-escalation processes and protocols to enhance student growth and create a safe emotional/physical environment for the school community.
- Meets with students and families to develop support plans.
- Conducts appropriate and necessary visits to student homes, community agencies, and/or local partners.
- Identifies homeless youth and families and connects homeless students and families to community resources.
- Completes documentation for the Department of Education.
- Coordinates transportation for homeless students if needed.
Community Resources and Referrals
- Develops knowledge of community resources and makes appropriate referrals for students and families.
- Maintains contact following referral to agencies and/or service providers.
- Develops partnerships with community organizations and local agencies.
- Collects and presents out on data around community partnerships and referrals
- Identify and secure in-kind donations
Community Engagement and Stewardship
- Advance the educational mission of the school by participating in duties and responsibilities consistent with building, upholding and promoting a strong community.
- We actively value and solicit feedback in order to improve performance.
- Facilitate senior internships and placements
- MSW and LCSW eligible - required
- Experience in program design and assessment
- Experience in group work and facilitation
- Minimum one (3) year work experience - required