2100 Crystal Drive
Under the authority of The Warning, Alert, and Response Network (WARN) Act, PBS has received a grant to act as the public television entity that will provide a redundant pathway for emergency alerts to Commercial Mobile Service (CMS) providers.
Under the general direction of the Director, the Manager of Administration is responsible for providing day-to-day support of the WARN program. This position is essentially a compliance officer. The Manager of Administration must be aware of all WARN activities in order to proactively review and recommend activities that ensure compliance with the circulars that govern this grant and all PBS policies that also apply to this program.
The Manager of Administration must work closely with the entire WARN team to ensure that the program is compliant with all obligations set forth by the grant award and the governing circulars. This position will help the Director coordinate all updates and progress reports for submission to PBS executives, NTIA, NIST, and other parties. The Manager of Administration will also coordinate with PBS Finance to handle the financial elements of the program, including drawing down funds using the ASAP system.
- Collaborate with PBS member stations (grant sub-recipients) to determine their hardening equipment needs and to ensure that the purchase and installation of such equipment meet the requirements of the WARN grant award
- Managing all financial aspects of payments to grant sub-recipients, including preparing, making and tracking payments; creating reports; ensuring compliance and budget balancing
- Managing activities within the WARN project to ensure compliance, including identifying possible gaps and taking proactive corrective measures
- Work closely with internal auditor, providing regular, proactive communication and gathering all information necessary to ensure an appropriate and timely audit submission
- Act as liaison with external auditors
- Ensuring careful management of the project budget and expenditures, work with the Senior Project Manager to provide day-to-day management of the Department of Commerce’s ASAP financial system to request advance payments
- Administer and oversee the contract development process in compliance with PBS policies and regulatory requirements for Federal grantees
- Coordinate contracts, including revisions and change-orders
- Assist the Director and interface with other PBS departments on issues as they relate to the WARN project.
- Facilitate the internal review of reports, etc. to insure that all necessary project reporting requirements are met.
- Provide administrative support to the WARN team, including arranging meetings, travel planning, and completing expense reports.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5 years of Federal grants administration experience
- Inter-departmental project work with all levels of management
- Direct involvement with information technology, television, telecommunications or related fields (i.e. communications, advertising, public relations or journalism) is a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or a bachelor's degree plus demonstrated experience in related field is required;
- Specific coursework in project management is preferred.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial orientation.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to track many tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong leadership skills, and ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service commitment.
- Advanced computer skills required, including expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Competency with Microsoft Access
- Understanding of the digital TV roll-out and the broadcasting industry a plus
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry, specifically the cellular carriers a plus
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Minimum Education Required