1400 K Street NW
Manager, Health Programs
JOB SUMMARY & PRIORITIES:
Manager, Health Programs will provide strategic and technical support to advance Grameen Foundation’s health programs, ensuring that programs achieve their regional and global objectives to improve health and build resilience of the poor, especially women. Grameen Foundation’s health work is designed to drive demand and increase access to health services using an integrated and cross-sector approach ensuring that poor households have access to health information, health services and financial tools to address health needs.
The Manager, Health Programs will work closely with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, including the Health Director, other domain directors and managers (e.g., financial services and agriculture), regional teams, fundraising teams, marketing and communications and other internal team members. The Health Manager will also cultivate and engage a range of external stakeholders in the health and financial services sectors, including strategic partners and funders, industry experts and execution partners. The Health Manager will use deep knowledge of public health and international development as well as excellent business development, communication, collaboration and people and project management skills to further Grameen Foundation’s (GF) integrated health work and ultimately demonstrate a measurable impact on poor households.
● Work across regions and other program areas to create shared direction, align limited resources, and ensure teams deliver integrated health solutions and services. Demonstrate the ability to navigate complex issues, with multiple perspectives, in a way that facilitates deep collaboration and timely/data-driven decisions.
● Provide guidance and technical assistance to country and regional staff and implementing partners in the areas of health market research, product development, implementation planning, operations roll-out, supervision and monitoring, process mapping, product costing and other elements to support the sustainable provision of health protection services by financial services providers.
● Forge complex, sustainable and long-term partnerships with a broad array of donors, peer organizations and local implementing partners across the globe.
● Support the Health Director and regional and program teams to build outcome focused frameworks (e.g., logframes) for health programs that inform the partnerships we seek and the way we approach, design and deliver our projects.
● Provide input and support to Health Director and regional/programmatic and M&E staff for developing health tools and frameworks for assessing impact or progress, processes for seeking client feedback, and ongoing processes for improving health programs/solutions.
● Support design and provide feedback on mHealth solutions aiming for sustainability, appropriateness and positive impact.
Capacity Building and Support
● Design high-quality, contextualized and participatory health/resilience education modules, messaging and/or products for target beneficiaries including sustainability/ cost modeling tools.
● Conduct training of trainer workshops to build the capacity of local partners to deliver education and other product methodologies to target beneficiaries.
● Support Health Director to build health capacity of regional staff and other Grameen Foundation teams.
● Support Health Director and collaborate with Institutional Fundraising team to build, maintain and deliver against a robust health funding pipeline.
Leadership and Representation
● Support industry level impact for our work and approach by representing GF at key conferences, writing blog posts and articles, and contributing to social media campaigns/updates as appropriate.
● Maintain a deep understanding of the complementary initiatives and global trends in global health including health financing, digital health technology, resilience and nutrition, as well as funding trends.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Deep understanding of health behaviors and challenges facing poor households, with specific emphasis on their health and financial needs and wants, and corresponding product/solution needs. Deep commitment to eradicating poverty and hunger.
● High level of expertise in global health, including solutions to barriers to good health, understanding of lessons learned and emerging trends, with particular focus on:
▪ Integrated health programming, i.e., projects that combine health and/or financial services and/or agriculture
▪ Health access challenges and solutions
▪ Health financing models and tools including insurance, savings and credit
▪ Health solutions and strategies
▪ Financial modeling and efficiency/ cost analysis to ensure program sustainability
▪ Gender issues as they relate to health, nutrition and resilience
● High level of skill required in solution/program design - helping build, pilot, and scale initiatives; and, adapting innovations and best practices across geographies.
● Effective program management and strategic thinking skills that are reflected in effective prioritization and execution.
● High level of communication and collaboration skills; with an ability to influence others without authority, work in a networked organization, and deliver results with diverse partners.
● Fluency in and comfort with Human Centered Design and Adult Learning Principles for design and development of health education materials; comfort with Monitoring & Evaluation Frameworks.
● High level of skill required in business development: guiding landscape analysis, identifying and building a robust pipeline of prospective partners and donors that align with program strategy and GF Mission.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
● At least 5 years of professional work experience in health, international development or related field, showing progressive levels of responsibility and management.
● Graduate degree in Public Health or related field, preferred.
● At least 3 years of work experience in a developing country context with demonstrated success providing support for the management of projects.
● Ability to manage relationships with international and peer partners and adapt to changing circumstances
● Proven track record of achievement under a range of challenging solutions, ideally in multiple countries.
● Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
● Fluency in French a plus.
GENERAL JOB COMPETENCIES:
● Positive “can do” attitude.
● Intellectual curiosity, creativity and drive to explore new models and solutions that combine health with other sectors including financial services, agriculture, nutrition, gender, technology.
● Ability to work independently under general guidance of Health Director and also as a member of different teams.
● Collaborative in finding solutions, achieving high-quality work, and delivering outcomes and materials on time.
● Integrity in dealing with colleagues, executing work in support of the mission, protecting confidential information and discretion in all matters.
● Comfort working in contexts that are different than own— including regional, cultural, or language based differences.
Level of Language Proficiency
● Fluency in French a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter through our website - www.grameenfoundation.org