Details: Fulltime hourly position at $16 - 17/hr, depending on experience. Temporary position with possibility to extend/year-round.
127 West 127 Street
Harlem Grown seeks an organized, enthusiastic Office Coordinator with a good sense of humor to coordinate reception, bookkeeping, purchasing, HR, and compliance functions, and to keep our small office running smoothly. The Office Coordinator will report to the Operations Director, and work closely with the Executive Director and other key staff on a variety of projects.
- Provide general oversight of the HG office, including supervision of administrative interns and volunteers, maintenance of equipment and supplies, and general organization of a busy, mission-driven nonprofit organization
- Track HG finances and expenditures (Quickbooks Online), including AP; reimbursements; tracking of AR invoices and payments; and making bank deposits
- Work with Operations Director and HG’s Financial Consultant to ensure proper financial controls are developed and followed
- Maintain HR records and support onboarding of new staff
- Monitor timesheets, track staff time off, and prepare payroll for processing
- Handle inquiries, general correspondence, and scheduling requests via mail, phone calls, and email, as well as walk-in visitors, channeling inquiries to the appropriate staff
- In collaboration with the Development Director, support execution of special events; maintain contact lists and other CRM data tracking
- Maintain HG records and filing systems, manage mailings, and assist with miscellaneous errands
- Work as a team member to support Harlem Grown initiatives and programs
- Serve as a role model for youth and reinforce Harlem Grown’s values of honesty, respect, and responsibility
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online and comfort maintaining detailed, accurate financial records
- Personable, friendly, positive team player that can troubleshoot the unexpected
- Polished and professional writer able to quickly draft email correspondence and content for public distribution
- Ability to supervise interns and volunteers, and to work with diverse community members
- Motivated, creative and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of CRM or data systems, a plus
- Flexibility to work an occasional night or weekend event
- Please note that all HG staff must submit to a background check before beginning work.
- Generous paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Health insurance *subsidy details will be provided to applicants during the interview process
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required. Conversational Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Office Coordinator Application -” followed by your first and last name in the subject line. Please no phone calls.
Application Deadline: ASAP - We will interview applicants on a rolling basis until the position is filled.