Details: State minimum salary when applying
A small New York City independent school located in Chelsea seeks a Maintenance & Operations Manager. Major responsibilities are indicated below.
Maintenance & Housekeeping
- Organizes department’s tasks, schedules, work, summer projects & building equipment requirements
- Plays a hands-on role for maintenance and custodial tasks
- Manages compliance with applicable DOH, DOB, FDNY requirements
- Oversees in-house maintenance & housekeeping staff, problems and concerns
- Oversees facility vendors and Maintenance/Housekeeping staff
- Manages front of building parking area
- Assists in coordinating building coverage for evening events
- Responds to and manages initial response to emergency situations during regular shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays; responds with other professional staff to manage facilities-related emergencies
- Solid computer skills in Google email, G-Drive, Word and Excel,
- Prioritizes and oversees building maintenance and improvement projects
- Maintains appropriate and up to date records and logs on building mechanicals, elevator, sprinklers.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Coordinates work with outside contractors
- Coordinates purchasing and record keeping noted above
- Oversees delivery of supplies to class rooms
- Assembles purchased items and furniture when needed
- Purchases classroom, maintenance and housekeeping supplies and furnishings
- Assists administrative staff and parent volunteers with special events including set-ups and ordering.
- Responsible for planning & oversight of emergency procedures, including fire drills
- Monitors evacuation routes and procedures
- Communicates safety concerns to Director of Business, and Head of School
- Assists and supports other staff with disaster recovery
- Has working knowledge of school’s Emergency Preparedness Plan manual
- Holds or will test for appropriate FDNY fire safety certifications as required for school or required to complete in eight weeks. Completion of FDNY Certificate of Fitness D-20 and S-95 mandatory by end of 2 months.
- Health insurance
- Dental - contributory
- HRA reimbursement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Attach resume and 3 names of professional references to email.