mothers2mothers (m2m) is a global nonprofit that trains, employs, and empowers HIV-positive women—Mentor Mothers—who provide family-centered support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. Founded in Cape Town in 2001, m2m now delivers these services directly at health facilities and in communities in eight countries, and also partners with governments and other NGOs. We have a track record of scaling our services and proven impact. In 2016, m2m and our partners reached 1.95 million new clients, and helped to protect 700,000 infants from HIV infection. . We invite you to visit m2m.org to learn more about our work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will amplify the presence of mothers2mothers (m2m) in North America. Based in New York City, the Annual & Digital Fundraising Officer will build on m2m’s existing digital fundraising and annual appeals to create a cohesive yearly strategy and deliver a program that grows unrestricted revenue while effectively engaging supporters. This role will report to the Deputy Director, Development and work closely with members of the fundraising and communication teams based in the US..
Key Performance Areas
Planning and Coordination (15%)
- Develop and execute a coordinated annual campaign strategy for North America, including e-appeals, direct mail and multi-channel digital fundraising methods to increase unrestricted revenue and engage supporters.
- Work with the Salesforce Coordinator to ascertain the potential within m2m’s existing database.
Execution and Testing (50%)
- Conceptualize, develop creatives, and write effective fundraising emails and appeals in collaboration with relevant colleagues.
- Work to and achieve financial targets that have been set with the Deputy Director, Development, including acquisition, convertion, and retention.
- Prepare large datasets through Salesforce, set up lists and fundraising appeals in myEmma mass email system, and trouble shoot as necessary.
- Implement testing strategies, including A/B testing tools.
- Work closely with Co-founder & Chief Connector and Communications team to execute stewardship, patron and mass donor communications strategies.
Analysis and Evaluation (35%)
- Employ analytics to evaluate existing fundraising communications, define trends, bring necessary adjustments and provide transparency across all digital and appeal channels used by m2m North America.
- Create models to forecast revenues, identify growth drivers, and guide strategy for annual campaign fundraising programs.
Read a complete list of responsibilities, qualifications, and competencies at m2m.org/careers.
Minimum Education Required