Details: The salary for this position is $40,000 per year
167 West 12th Street
For more than 30 years, the James Beard Foundation has championed chefs and other culinary professionals while highlighting the centrality of food culture in our daily lives.
Through the James Beard Awards, unique dining experiences at the James Beard House and around the country, scholarships, hands-on learning, and a variety of industry programs that educate and empower leaders in our community, the foundation has built a platform for chefs and asserted the power of gastronomy to drive behavior, culture and policy change around food.
To this end the foundation has also created signature impact-oriented initiatives that include our Women’s Leadership Programs aimed at addressing the gender imbalance in the culinary industry; advocacy training through our Chefs Boot Camp for Policy and Change; and the James Beard Foundation Leadership Awards that shine a spotlight on successful changemakers.
As an organization we are committed to giving chefs and their colleagues a voice and the tools they need to make the world more sustainable, equitable, and delicious for everyone.
The Membership and Development Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Development, work closely with the full development department, and will be based in Flatiron, NYC.
• Serve as point of contact for membership services calls and questions, phone sales, and renewals
• Reinforce and explain membership benefits and policies
• Respond to members’ needs in a timely and professional manner
• Resolve invalid or declined credit card numbers of members
• Resolve bi-weekly membership ledger from accounting in partnership with Database Coordinator and oversee annual pre-audit project
• Confirm and fulfill corporate matching gift membership through matching gift fund program
• File new and renewal membership cards after fulfillment
• Share gift membership report with billing and fulfillment teams to ensure no online membership gift purchases are missed
• Print member enrollment forms from phone purchases for Foundation records
• Track inventory of all membership mailing collateral spearheading reprints as needed
• Ensure, in partnership with Database Coordinator, that all comp membership are entered annually
• Work with Database Coordinator to ensure member info accuracy, correcting and updating contacts and addresses as received
• Create, package, and ship out purchased gift certificates for membership and dining
• Fulfill approved JBF donations of memberships and dining certificates
• Maintain record and tracking of all gift certificates, coordinating redemptions with reservations and member/donor relations teams
• Mail-merge, print, and send fulfillment kits to members
• Mail-merge, print, and send renewal invoices for all membership categories on a monthly basis
• Set-up postage for Foundation mailing machine and manage mailings from all offices
• Reconfirm or correct mailing addresses for returned mail
• Support Director of Fundraising Programs with outreach and execution of silent auctions
• Process donation acknowledgment letters in a timely fashion
• Support the development team with cultivation events, mailings, and special projects as needed
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office, CRM systems (preferably SalesForce), and Mail Merge functionality
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and efficient
• Team-oriented with a willingness to contribute where/as needed
• Ability to handle large data sets with accuracy
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Customer service, hospitality experience, or guest service experience required
• Experience in membership services and/or development and fundraising preferred
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at JBF. In addition to working to promote a good food world through thought leadership, education, and advocacy, JBF offers its employees a casual work environment with generous benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 403(b), and generous paid time off. There are also great perks including TransitCheck, discounted health club memberships, and eight complimentary passes annually to dine at James Beard House.
At JBF, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. JBF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, citizenship, color, creed, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, family responsibilities, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, veteran status or other unlawful factors with respect to employment. JBF is committed to the maintenance of a drug-free workplace and ensuring compliance with Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - proficient
Minimum Education Required