Curriculum Development Specialist
- Job posted by Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging of Hunter College
Details: Depending on experience
2180 3rd Avenue
The Brookdale Center on Aging at Hunter College strives to improve the lives of older adults through research, policy, and professional development. We provide workforce education and professional development services, including designing, conducting and evaluating training on issues related to aging and the life course.
We are seeking a smart, enthusiastic, flexible, and entrepreneurial person with strong communication skills to work as a Curriculum Development Specialist.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree (or, have a Bachelor’s degree and significant experience) and outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; and a record of developing and managing complex, interdisciplinary projects involving multiple constituents. Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners. We seek someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and under pressure on multiple deadline-driven projects. Strong client service skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to work with diverse individuals and communities are required. Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is needed: aging and life course, aging services or elder justice.
The candidate must write exceptionally well and have curriculum development experience and skills:
- To design and develop curricula and training materials for human service professionals supervisors and managers
- To understand adult learning theory and instructional design
- To identify and assess key demographic, human services and community health issues, trends, and needs
- To develop and implement a system to keep curricula and other materials updated and relevant
- To develop clear and specific program, training and assessment objectives
- For strong analytical, research and problem-solving
- To conduct literature and other evidence-based research on issues and opportunities specific to aging and vulnerable adults
- To create and execute project timelines
Candidates should have knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft applications including: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Bilingual candidates with fluency in Spanish are preferred. Flexible schedule: some travel is necessary.
Primary responsibilities of the Curriculum Development Specialist include:
- Designing, developing and revising curricula and trainings
- Responsible for identifying need for new curricula and other materials
- Writing/revising materials to update them as necessary
- Assist in writing grant and contract proposals and reports
- Develop and write reports, presentations and other materials
major medical, Pension, 3 weeks annual leave per year,
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual candidates with fluency in Spanish are preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on the link listed below, or copy and paste link on your URL.
If you are having problems go to www.rfcuny.org click ABOUT, go to the last link: SEARCH & APPLY FOR A JOB, hit MANAGERIAL/PROFESSIONAL link and the job title CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST at Hunter College.