208 West 13th Street
The HIV Case Manager is responsible for coordinating services between The Center and all linkage partners, including HIV/ STI screening and education, HIV/STI care, the provision of PrEP/PEP, mental health and harm reduction counseling and other supportive services. The HIV Case Manager will provide assessment to identify client needs and facilitate linkage to services.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with other program staff to coordinate service delivery and ensure linkage to care.
- Conduct individual client assessments to identify areas of need and the appropriate referrals.
- Provide brief interventions, benefits navigation and linkage to care, including PrEP/PEP, HIV treatment, mental health and harm reduction counseling, and other social services.
- Maintain regular communication and follow-up with clients and providers to ensure linkage to care and services.
- Complete regular and timely documentation of services, entering data into appropriate databases.
- Participate in all relevant Center staff and grant funding related meetings, along with regular meetings with the Director of HIV Prevention for supervisory and program planning purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSW or similar required; Associate's degree with related work experience accepted; LMSW/LMHC a plus.
- Previous clinical experience working within the field of HIV prevention and/or treatment prior knowledge of PrEP/PEP preferred.
- Significant experience working with LGBT populations, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender identity and transgender issues.
- Strong leadership, administrative, organization, and written/verbal communication skills; bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Commitment to inclusive, multi-cultural programming; prior experience working with in coalitions with diverse communities and an understanding of intersectional oppressions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues, needs and interests of LGBT youth, adults, families and community, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender identity and transgender issues.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please carefully review the position description and requirements as outlined in the position announcements above. Applicants must demonstrate the appropriate experience and background as described within the position announcement.
All submissions must include a cover letter stating the position of interest and salary requirements, with an accompanying resume. Incomplete submissions or those not stating a salary requirement may not be considered. Duplicate submissions are not necessary.
Materials may be submitted by email to email@example.com. For mail or fax, send to:
Center Human Resources
208 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10011
The Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.