District of Columbia
American Bridge 21st Century, a progressive research and communications organization dedicated to holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions, is seeking an editor for a new digital property that will use American Bridge research and video footage to expose Republicans' wrongdoing. The editor will work closely with American Bridge staff to set editorial direction for the website, write original content, and edit content contributed by American Bridge staff.
A strong applicant will combine the ability to write an eye-catching headline and short blog posts on tight deadline with a strong understanding of the 2018 political landscape.
- Setting editorial direction for the new website and working with staff across departments to create content;
- Writing content based on American Bridge research and tracking;
- Editing posts and managing the process for other contributors;
- Ensuring all content meet high standards of accuracy and quality;
- Analyze metrics and social media data for new web property
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience writing and editing digital content and stories;
- Familiarity with journalistic standards and practices;
- An interest in politics and an understanding of the political landscape in 2018;
- The ability to write clean copy under tight deadlines;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with writers with a range of experience;
- Experience writing for the web and managing social media accounts.
To apply, please follow the link provided, and respond to the requested information including your cover letter and resume.
American Bridge 21st Century PAC offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package.
American Bridge 21st Century PAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required