Details: Starting @ $30,000 - $33,500/year (or $19 - $21/hour for a 4-day, 30-hour work week) with opportunities to promote to Fellowship Manager with tenure and exceptional performance.
611 Wilshire Boulevard
If you aspire to leadership as a nonprofit executive and/or social entrepreneur, submit your application for consideration as our FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR. Start date is September 5, 2018.
At City Scholars® Foundation, we're on a mission to educate and empower nonprofit CEOs to lead well with limited resources, as they help thousands of low-income youth prepare for college, career and community leadership.
We fulfill our mission through our City Scholars® Fellowship, a high-impact, tuition-free, leadership learning community for nonprofit CEOs who are dedicated to helping low-income youth break the cycle of poverty.
We understand that nonprofit CEOs who work tirelessly on the front lines in high-poverty, under-resourced urban communities need more than creative curriculum and a heart for helping low-income youth to keep the lights on and the doors open.
Our City Scholars® Fellowship uniquely integrates learning, networking and accountabiity to help a vibrant and diverse community of highly-motivated nonprofit CEOs build the skills, confidence and connections they also need to grow after-school and school-based nonprofits from survival to success to significance. Together, our Foundation Fellows help more than 83,000 predominantly low-income youth each year throughout the Greater Los Angeles region stay in school, out of trouble and on track to a brighter future. Learn more at www.cityscholars.org.
As our FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR, you’ll work approximately 30 hours/week (Monday - Thursday), as our office is closed on Fridays to promote healthy work-life balance. You'll devote most of your time to:
(1) Coordinating program and event logistics for our Fellowship, including (1) our annual Fellowship Kick-Off (January), monthly Fellowship Roundtables (February - September) and annual Fellowship Retreat (October); (2) our annual Fellowship Selection and Impact Review for current and prospective Foundation Fellows; and, (3) individual leadership coaching sessions.
(2) Capturing and communicating our Fellowship's direct and exponential impact to inspire our Foundation Fellows, leaders beyond our Fellowship and those whose contributions make our Fellowship possible.
(3) Engaging volunteer, financial and in-kind support for our Fellowship from Corporate PARTNERS and from our TEAM City Scholars® Board of Directors and Executive Council.
You'll also develop critical financial literacy and an essential understanding of governance and administration in the nonprofit sector by actively supporting business operations for the Foundation, as a tax-exempt nonprofit corporation.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll report to our Founder & President (a salaried Board officer) and work closely with our Graduate Associate(s) in a business professional Downtown Los Angeles high-rise.
Our Ideal FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR:
· wholeheartedly embraces our mission, can think BIG while implementing with excellence day-to-day; and, is confident interacting with and supporting high-impact corporate and community leaders.
· has earned a BA or BS degree (required), possesses relevant leadership and professional experience; and, is highly-organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, tech savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with SurveyMonkey, SalesForce, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Quickbooks and various social media is a major plus.
· enjoys working day-to-day in a small (currently 3-person), team-oriented business professional office located in a Downtown Los Angeles high-rise.
· has excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills along with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision.
· is flexible and willing to learn; has strong analytical and problem-solving skills; is committed to getting details right; and, is as comfortable interacting with executives as he/she is picking up lunch for a meeting or water from the drugstore, if necessary.
· is able to lift 20 pounds, if necessary for event set-up (required); and, possesses a valid driver’s license and reliable and appropriately registered transportation (required).
Nothing in this position description restricts the Foundation's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time.
4-day, 30-hour work week to promote healthy work-life balance
Employer contribution to group health and SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan
10 paid holidays (13 paid holidays after two years)
Parking/public transportation reimbursement up to $5/day
Our Fellowship Coordinator position is classified as full-time, hourly, non-exempt and benefits eligible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, please submit (1) your professional resume and (2) a thoughtful cover letter sharing a. how our mission speaks to you personally, b. how your professional profile and passion (i.e., education, experience, achievements and aspirations) match our ideal FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR profile and c.why this opportunity represents the best "next step" for you professionally.
Mail or email BOTH application documents to: City Scholars® Foundation, 611 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1109, Los Angeles, CA 90017, email@example.com, (213) 627-1792. IF SENT VIA E-MAIL, ATTACHMENTS MUST BE FORWARDED AS PDF FILES. Incomplete applications or those with .doc or .docx file attachments will not be reviewed.