Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Sonoma County is currently seeking a Program Director for our Cove Club in Corte Madera.
Directors will be responsible for all aspects of management at the Club, including leading a staff of Program Coordinators. Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as caring, responsible citizens. We are proud to serve over 4,000 members each day through our 30 club locations.
GREAT FUTURES START HERE!
PERSONAL & CAREER BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Casual dress code – jeans are ok!
- Professional training up to 80 hours, for program staff. Investment in career development, etc
- Social responsibility- We are committed to our community!
- Generous vacation leave/holiday pay
- Company sponsored life insurance
- Program scholarships for the children of our teammates
- Growth opportunities
To oversee and administer all programs and activities offered at the Club. Programs include Education & Career Development, Character & Leadership Development, Sports, Fitness & Recreation, The Arts and Health & Life Skills. Incumbent will plan, develop, oversee implementation of all programs and hire and supervise program staff, and perform related administrative duties.
1. LEADERSHIP - Provides effective leadership and direction to staff and Club Members by complying with organization policies, demonstrating core values, focusing on deepening Club IMPACT.
2. DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT OF WORLD CLASS CLUB EXPERIENCE- Using the Youth Development Strategy, develops and implements programs to meet organization's mission. Utilizes programs developed locally and by Boys & Girls Clubs of America to create an environment for Club Members to feel a sense of belonging, usefulness, competence, and influence in the Out of School Time.
3. MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT -- Recruits and retains members by promoting the Club through flyers, newsletters and word-of-mouth. Maintains recommended number of Members at site (and appropriate waiting lists if necessary) and ensures they carry their Membership Card to the Club every day. Responsible for meeting annual goals for Membership, attendance and impact metrics.
4. SAFETY - Maintains a safe, clean environment. Ensures proper use and maintenance of Club equipment and property.
5. DISCIPLINE - Utilizes appropriate discipline to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members.
6. STAFF MANAGEMENT -- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all Clubhouse staff and ensures a positive and dynamic relationship between all staff and Club members.
7. VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT- Implement Volunteer Program for program support. Recognize volunteers appropriately.
8. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - Manage Financial Resources, including assisting in developing and monitoring annual budget. Adhere to all Administrative and Operational Systems. Ensure Technology, Information Management Systems and Staff Skills are current.
9. COMMUNICATION -- Acts as primary point of contact between parents and local schools. Posts program schedules where they are easy to read and in appropriate languages.
10. FACILITY MANAGEMENT -- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and appealing Club facility. Maintains positive relationship with facility owners and communicates effectively regarding needed improvements.
11. PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT -- Support development of Strategic Alliances and Collaborative Partnerships that further Boys & Girls Clubs in the Community. Be established as the local Expert in Youth Development.
12. MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS - Support positive Public Relations & awareness using the media and marketing campaigns
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
-Person will be of flawless integrity.
-Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university (preferred).
-A minimum of three years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
-Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
-Bi-lingual; Spanish/English Strongly Preferred.
-Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
-Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
-Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
-Mandatory negative TB test.
-Valid State Drivers License.
-Proof of Auto Insurance.
-Must provide your own vehicle.
*Professional appearance required. Naturally occurring hair colors, standard piercings only, no visible tattoos.
This is a full time position with a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance and long term disability.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume.
Medical, dental, vision
401(k) with matching
Casual dress code – jeans are ok!
Professional training up to 80 hours, for program staff.
Social responsibility- We are committed to our community!
Generous vacation leave/holiday pay
Company sponsored life insurance
Program scholarships for the children of our teammates
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required