1616 P Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Resources for the Future (RFF) is seeking an Executive Assistant to our President to help ensure that RFF runs efficiently and effectively by supporting the President and the execution of executive responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Scheduling, Calendar, and Meeting Management (40%)
- Manages the President’s extensive appointment schedule, coordinating a high volume of meetings while maintaining balance in the President’s calendar. Manages the day-to-day activities of the President’s office to keep activities on schedule.
- Arranges and coordinates travel for meetings (domestic and international), including logistics, expenses, and briefing materials, and schedules pre- and post-travel briefings with staff.
- Handles meeting logistics for the President’s office, including making room reservations, printing agendas, taking minutes as required, compiling briefing packets and obtaining other appropriate relevant information. Ensures that the required technology tools are set up and functioning for meetings as needed, including the use of webinars and other meeting platforms.
Information and Task Management (35%)
- Manages the President’s email, including responding to inquiries from staff and the public, and channeling inquiries to staff members as appropriate.
- Proactively manages the President’s task system, working with members of the Executive Team and others, and the President’s extensive contact list.
- Supports any activities led by the President, including Executive Team meetings and functions, Board meetings, etc.
Special Projects (15%)
- Improves the quality of the activities in the President’s Office and the organization by evaluating and re-designing processes; and implementing changes.
- Provides support to and undertakes special assignments as directed by the Chief of Staff.
General Office Support (10%)
- Creates and maintains a favorable image of the organization and the President’s office, communicating in a professional, positive and cordial manner on behalf of the President and RFF leadership.
- Maintains office supplies, handles meeting logistics, coordinates the President’s outgoing mail, works with different departments, etc.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years Executive Assistant experience. Experience in an office with varied responsibilities. Nonprofit background helpful.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Tech-savvy, strong computer proficiency, and the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information is essential. Detailed familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office (especially Outlook and Word) required.
- Resourcefulness in anticipating and meeting the needs of a senior executive is essential.
- Must be friendly, positive, flexible, communicative, and have a sense of humor.
- Superb writing and communications skills, with the ability to draft correspondence on behalf of executives.
- Must demonstrate initiative and follow-through.
- Must be able to complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Must be detail oriented. The ability to proofread and make appropriate recommendations for clarity and correctness is essential.
- Must handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
- Assume responsibility without direct supervision, uses initiative, exercises judgment and makes decisions within the scope of authority.
- Must develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the organization and its practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to maintain and project a professional image at all times with exemplary poise and diplomacy.
- Interest in and commitment to RFF’s mission and values.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is indoors. The position may require travel.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit your application through our http://www.rff.org/about/careers and upload PDFs to include a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements and a current resume.
Due to the anticipated response, we are unable to respond to telephone calls or emails.
We are unable to sponsor a work-related visa for this position.
RFF is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.