Details: Competitive compensation and benefits package
Net Impact is currently seeking a fast-moving, extremely organized, and thoughtful leader to serve as its Chief of Staff and Programs. The Chief of Staff and Programs will partner with the CEO and program teams on the development and implementation of new programs and lead the execution of existing programs, including Net Impact’s annual conference, which engages over 2,000 individuals. In addition to the annual conference, Net Impact’s programs engage tens of thousands of students annually with companies and foundations around social and environmental causes.
With responsibility for the successful delivery of programs and reporting to the CEO, the Chief of Staff and Programs will supervise a team of highly capable and experienced professionals, including three to four direct reports. The ideal candidate will be systems-oriented thinker who is also experienced and adept at program and process execution, as well as data analysis. This is an amazing opportunity for a results-oriented leader with exceptional program and people management and execution skills to join a successful organization positioned for significant growth.
Major responsibilities include:
Program Design, Management and Execution
● Provide high-level, direct oversight of Net Impact program development and execution. Support team members to improve program scale and impact, further professionalize and advance external communications, and develop new program elements as needed
● Oversee and at times directly manage multiple projects and corresponding work plans, budgets, and KPIs
● Lead Net Impact’s hallmark annual event – the Net Impact conference – by creating and managing the overall project team and work plan; overseeing content curation; and providing oversight for logistics
● Lead ongoing evaluation and iteration processes by identifying best practices that can inform future programs; improve cross-program learning and consistency
● Collaborate with the development team to meet funder and partner needs by ensuring programs create shared value with all stakeholders
Leadership and Staff Management
● Build, sustain and provide overall leadership to multiple high-performing program teams
● Supervise 3-4 direct reports and additional indirect reports; support them to meet project KPIs, stay within budget, and make progress toward annual and organizational goals
● Assign staff to projects that align with top org priorities while also providing the team with opportunities for growth and development
● Foster a positive culture of enthusiasm and excellence across the entire organization
Qualifications / Requirements:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about efficiency, effectiveness, data and project management. They love to make sure the “trains run on time”. They also have a deep passion and curiosity for the range of topics Net Impact tackles (including but not limited to climate change, racial equity, sustainable apparel, food systems, tech for good, impact investing). This person can also dive into a specific topic in order to identify appropriate keynote speakers for our annual conference or help the team develop new program areas.
While the successful candidate might come from a range of fields, they should be able to demonstrate an ability to balance and structure multiple projects at once; supervise high performing teams and also support staff growth; dive into new areas and develop thoughtful perspective and points of view. In addition, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to work efficiently and fast, be nimble in the face of change, and hold a positive and collaborative attitude. Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) are also a must.
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 25 years. Today, our community of tens of thousands of individuals in 350+ chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Chief of Staff and Programs”) in the subject line of your email.
1. Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications