This position supports and elevates health center governance performance through relevant management and execution of training and technical assistance programs. This position provides operational and program management support for NACHC’s health center governance portfolio, under close partnership with and guidance from the supervisory Director of Health Center Governance Training and in coordination with other TTA staff, cross-NACHC colleagues, and external partners and stakeholders.
This position directly advances NACHC’s Strategic Pillars:
· Center everything we do in a renewed commitment to equity and social justice.
· Strengthen and reinforce the infrastructures for leading and coordinating the community health movement. (This pillar emphasizes the role of consumer-driven community boards and focuses on providing training, resources, and guidance to boards.)
1. Understand health center board training and technical assistance needs through tracking and analyzing relevant data, staying current on good governance practices, and learning about issues that impact health center governance.
2. Contribute to the development of relevant board training and technical assistance programs, including but not limited to: (a) developing and refining training curriculum based on good governance practices and the application of instructional design techniques appropriate for adult learning; and (b) gathering information through various modes to develop resources (i.e., articles, case studies) to support boards or highlight the impact of health center boards.
3. Deliver and manage the provision of TTA activities by hosting training events (i.e., conference sessions, webinars, cohort-based trainings, etc.), managing registration, informing the marketing and promotion, engaging faculty for various modes of deployment (e.g., virtual, hybrid and/or in-person), managing board member learning in online systems (e.g., Learning Management System), and cultivating collaborative partnerships.
4. Provide excellent project management of the governance training and technical assistance portfolio, including liaising with consultants and other SMEs, drafting scopes of work and Requests for Proposals, preparing contracts and Letters of Agreement, tracking projects, ensuring deliverable milestones, adhering to procurement and reporting requirements, etc.
5. Support the development of a national data strategy to better understand the characteristics of health center boards and demonstrate the impact of the consumer-majority board model.
6. Expand and/or develop new ways (e.g., newsletters, social media posts, etc.) to communicate with stakeholders about training and technical assistance resources and spotlight the importance of health center boards.
7. Other duties as needed.
1. Commitment to the community health center mission
2. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with at least five years’ experience in nonprofit governance (knowledge of unique components of health center governance desirable)
3. Experience with adult learning
4. Demonstrated skill in hosting and executing programs and training (in-person, hybrid, and virtual) for volunteer board members
5. Proficiency in electronic tools and collaborative virtual platforms for convening groups and engaging learners, (i.e., video conferencing such as Zoom, WebEx, Teams, etc.); management of Learning Management System (desirable).
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including prior experience writing materials for various audiences and contributing to marketing and communications efforts
7. Excellent interpersonal skills with high customer service orientation, and ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders (board members, subject matter experts/consultants, staff at peer organizations, etc.)
8. Experience in project management as evidenced by completion of projects on time and budget.
9. Superior problem solving and analytical skills
10. Experience with data collection and analysis, including survey and evaluation development, assessment of impact and outcomes
11. Demonstrated commitment to growth, meeting a high bar, and contributing to a positive workplace culture of continuous improvement and teamwork
12. Works effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
13. Works effectively (prioritize, multi-task, deliver-on-time) with minimum direction
14. Some travel required when safe to do so (approximately 15%)
This position supports and elevates health center governance performance through relevant management and execution of training and technical assistance programs. This position provides operational and program…