Full Time Temporary
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Color Of Change PAC is running a $10-15 million program across 10 - 12 states in 2018. We’re hiring a National Campaign Manager to execute our program vision, manage the senior PAC team and oversee the day-to-day operations of the campaign.
This position reports to the PAC Director.
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE PAC
Color Of Change PAC helps people respond effectively to injustice in the world by ensuring that Black issues are addressed by candidates looking to win with our community’s votes. As a national Black Super PAC, we push candidates to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people.
PROGRAM VISION AND STRATEGY
We’ve learned the secret to generating massive turnout for our volunteer events is to create an environment of Black Joy – a volunteer experience with Black people at its center that treats volunteers as organizers rather than discount labor. This philosophy about creating the best volunteer experience for Black people is more than theoretical: in 2016, during our first trial of this strategy, Color Of Change PAC volunteers engaged in more than 3 million personal conversations over SMS. Black people want to be in community with other Black people, especially in the current political climate. We’re creating the volunteer experience to harness this untapped energy, supplemented by a robust paid mail and digital ads program.
2018 will present a potentially unprecedented spectrum of potential targets given the unique political environment. Through primary season, prosecutors and district attorneys are a particular area of focus for our work. Voters will elect 1,041 prosecutors across the country who will wield tremendous power in Black communities and be granted broad discretion in deciding whom to charge and how vigorously to pursue hefty penalties. Equally important in the current climate is the necessity of engaging in broader resistance. Success could be game-changing for important top-of-the-ticket statewide elections, including races for Governor, U.S. Senate, Attorney General and Secretary of State, but we also plan to support specific House, mayoral, and critical state legislative races when considerations such as district nesting or member density arise.
The National Campaign Manager runs our 2018 program, executing the program vision with strong leadership and effective decision-making. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee all campaign operations in coordination with consultants & PAC Director
- Recruit, hire and manage the PAC senior leadership team. Field, Operations, Communications, Technology, Data, Finance, and Fundraising Senior functions report to National Campaign Manager
- Provide support for fundraising and development, including working with the PAC Director to communicate with current and potential funders
- Implement and manage PAC budget, including making program adjustments as funding and political conditions evolve
- Create a data-driven culture. Ensure that all teams are meeting goals through a commitment to data, tracking, and collective problem-solving
- Ensure full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances impacting the campaign, including campaign finance regulations
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS (“Must Have”)
- Minimum 2+ cycles experience in digital electoral or advocacy campaigning
- Commitment to racial justice (politically and in the development of one’s own leadership)
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Documented excellence in leading organization-wide efforts in planning, implementation, process improvements, innovation, and financial management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to inspire, motivate, hold accountable and troubleshoot the complex issues that arise in a large campaign
- Prior management of a campaign or annual program with a budget > $1 million
- Demonstrated record of attracting and motivating highly talented staff and success in building and maintaining effective partnerships
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and a calm demeanor in challenging situations
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with clear priorities while articulating the connections between the big picture and specific action plans and timetables
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to communicate strategically and creatively under tight deadlines; some travel (30%) required
- Ability to engage staff, members and volunteers leaders; Capacity to build and sustain partnerships, coalitions and alliances
- Ability to work independently and closely with volunteer leadership, in close coordination with teams
- Ability to work extended hour, including evening and weekends as needed
BONUS QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS (“Nice to Have”)
- Prior leadership experience running multiple, simultaneous campaigns at a party committee, labor union, SuperPAC, or other NGO
This is a full-time, temporary position (ending in December 2018).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Interested applicants should click the link (
https://colorofchangepac.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fauh) and submit a resume and COC PAC-tailored cover letter ASAP.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Apply today!