Coordinator of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Supports
- Job posted by Internationals Network for Public Schools
Details: Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We know that immigrant secondary-school students have unique social and emotional needs, and that guidance teams and college counselors are central to this effort. As Coordinator of Social-Emotional Learning Supports, you’ll bring your expertise to build the capacity of school staff to support social-emotional learning efforts with immigrant students in Internationals schools. Based in New York City with potential to expand into our national network, you will play a key role in supporting social workers, guidance counselors, parent coordinators, school leaders, and other school-based staff in the areas outlined below. You will also collaborate with network staff to disseminate information about best practices around supporting unaccompanied minors, building curriculum for advisory, and providing support in the development of “Dream Teams” in schools. This will also entail working with community-based organizations and creating partnerships that will support and sustain the work on the ground for Internationals schools.
WHAT YOU BRING:
Internationals Network is looking for committed, experienced social workers, or other professionals from related fields with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to improve social/emotional learning programs and services for immigrant English Language Learners across the United States. You'll be right at home here if you are passionate about issues related to immigration and social justice, are a creative thinker and a team player, and are a great communicator looking to improve your own professional practice by working collaboratively.
WE EXPECT COORDINATOR OF SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING TO:
● Demonstrate knowledge of immigrant youth on the ground, with 2-3 years minimum direct experience working with immigrant youth in secondary schools and an understanding of strengths, needs and challenges facing immigrant students of all backgrounds;
● Be a skilled facilitator, with experience developing and facilitating professional development related to SEL supports;
● Have experience coaching or mentoring;
● Be committed to collaboration, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships on behalf of the organization; and to work collaboratively with a variety of staff members;
● Ability to collect, analyze, and report data to drive program development
● Be a flexible problem solver and effective communicator, both orally and in writing;
● Commitment to the vision of the Internationals Network and its programs
● Keep a sense of humor
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Support SEL learning programs--including youth development, advisory, and restorative justice-- in our network of immigrant-serving schools;
● Conduct network-wide needs assessment to inform further SEL program development in collaboration with other organizations and school staff;
● Provide on-site coaching and professional development support to SEL staff, pedagogues, and other school staff integral to the social-emotional learning of students in our schools;
● Design, plan, and implement professional development, including facilitating peer- inquiry groups for SEL and other staff
● Design and facilitate regular meetings of SEL staff;
● Identify, document, and disseminate promising practices;
● Maintain current and relevant information for SEL staff;
● Develop relationships with community-based and legal organizations with strong support systems for immigrant students, and leverage those relationships on behalf of SEL staff in our schools
● Provide support to build capacity for school support staff, such as school guidance counselors and social workers, with issues pertaining to unaccompanied minors.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s in Social Work or Guidance Preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. For more information on Internationals Network for Public Schools, visit our website at www.internationalsnetwork.org.