Fair Trade USA is seeking a Commercial Operations Manager to join our commercial team and to improve the efficiency of our sales processes and systems. Working closely with, and across supporting functions, the Commercial Operations Manager will lead the optimization, standardization, and implementation of streamlined systems, including documentation and training on these for all commercial teams.
The Commercial Operations Manager will lead commercial reporting, including pipeline and sales/revenue forecasting, and will support the CCMO with relevant analysis and dashboards, including managing the annual sales operating plan and processes.
We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is currently remote/work from home but may require occasional visits to the Oakland headquarters.
- Owns commercial performance and pipeline management and strives to standardize and streamline tools (including Saleforce, Excel and Tableau) and processes
- Develops, maintains and improves regular reports and dashboards on leads, pipeline, revenue and sales forecasting for increased transparency into commercial performance
- Leads ongoing commercial optimization and improvement strategies and processes in support of quarterly and annual revenue growth plan
- Collaborates with finance to improve and standardize contracts and pricing
- Work with the commercial team to ensure accountability to tracking pipeline opportunities, tasks, sales stages and other sales administration best practices
- Collaborates on redesign of lead creation, qualification and conversion process in alignment with demand generation (Pardot) to ensure standardization in lead-generation to lead-conversion in Salesforce.com
- Maintains consistent practices with respect to closed won process, including contracts, pricing, workflow, and SFDC documentation
- Collaborates with technology and data teams to align customer and product data for reporting and analysis purposes
- Performs data analyses to answer business critical questions and draw insights for performance improvements, including improved customer segmentation
- Creates a quarterly executive board deck presentation for the commercial organization
- Develops and owns sales documentation and training on all systems and processes for improved sales and account management
- Runs weekly/bi-weekly pipeline review meetings and prepares all materials
- Runs monthly Executive Engagement meetings and prepares all materials
- Oversees onboarding curriculum and training for new members of the commercial team
- Partners with marketing and demand generation, product, and sales leadership to create industry-specific, verticalized playbooks to be utilized in market
- Oversees commercial business process documentation, gap analysis and establishment of the best practices as well as subsequent process design in salesforce.com application(s)
Skills, Experience, & Knowledge
- 3-5 years related work experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations or Sales Analyst role
- 3-5 years of Salesforce experience building dashboards, reports, campaigns and “views”
- Track record of managing and analyzing the marketing and sales funnel, sales pipeline, and lead management best practices
- Highly analytical and data oriented, with a passion for extrapolating actionable insights from data, and expertise with Excel
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively across all mediums, including the ability to influence others through written and verbal communication
- Strong business acumen, with a particular talent for looking at “the big picture” and being able to find unique ways to create value for the business
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively, problem solve and handle detail-oriented projects in a systematic and highly organized manner
- Ability to work efficiently and independently a MUST
- Ability to think creatively about problems and recommend solutions
- Easily adaptable to changing priorities and able to manage competing demands in a high-standard, fast-paced, and demanding environment
- Possesses a “growth mindset”
- Experience with Pardot a plus
- Experience automating reports in Tableau a plus
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree required
Technology & Software
- Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel
- Salesforce Administration
- Tableau & Pardot
This position can work out of the Bay Area (Oakland) or Remote U.S.
We are a Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
The fair trade model is firmly rooted in themes of empowerment, advocacy, and disrupting oppressive dynamics, and as such, Fair Trade USA actively strives to embody the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our day-to-day work. As an employer, we have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any type. We value and promote a work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and bound by the following principles:
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees.
- We proudly provide employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at Fair Trade are based on the needs of our organization, the requirements of the job, and individual qualifications - period.
- We prohibit work-related actions, policies, and decisions based on race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other protected status, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- We believe that a healthy and holistic work community is comprised of people of all ages, and therefore we welcome individuals of all stages in life to apply for our job openings.