Job Overview: The Real News Network produces a large amount of video based content including webcam interviews, in-studio interviews, live event videography, and in-field video reporting. Additionally, The Real News Network produces live content for Facebook and YouTube that can include live interviews and pre-recorded content. As a Studio Technician, you will be at the center of these activities. You will be expected to work with professional grade cameras, lighting equipment, editing software, video switching/routing systems and audio equipment. On a daily basis you will be expected to switch video interviews, edit video content, engineer audio to international broadcast specifications (EBU R 128, ITU-R BS.1770-4), control cameras and set up lighting for live interviews. This position is also responsible for working camera and audio for outdoor field shoots, events, interviews and getting good sound and picture.
You will work directly with the Daily Studio Manager and a great team of Studio Technicians that will produce numerous content pieces per day for distribution over various medium (website, YouTube, Facebook, RSS, Podcasts, Radio and more).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Extensive experience with cameras (Sony, Blackmagic)
- Extensive experience with video/audio routing
- Extensive experience and efficiency with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro/Final Cut Pro)
- Experience with studio lighting grid
- Understanding of continuous lighting for video
- Experience with audio engineering and the fundamentals of sound
- Ability to sonically determine and correct audio issues including dynamics, EQ, loudness
- Experience with audio editing and recording software: (Pro Tools, Logic, Audition, etc…)
- Experience with microphone placement techniques.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40lbs
- Experience troubleshooting video conferencing software: Zoom, Skype
- Live video switching experience using Tricaster hardware/software
- Knowledge of Google applications
- Strong project management skills and ability to work in a team
- Knowledge and experience with both Mac and PC operating systems
- Understanding of IP Routing and Computer Networking
- Adobe Creative Suite: AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent years of experience is preferred
- 2-5 years experience in Audio/Visual work
Salary commensurate with responsibilities and experience, medical and dental plan, workers' compensation insurance, paid time off, holidays, professional development opportunities, and travel reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required