50 California Street
With general supervision from the Office Manager, working as part of the clerical support team, the Office Services Coordinator provides clerical and administrative support for an active non-profit financial services office of approximately thirty-five professional and technical staff. The major duties of this position include: handling calls referred by auto-attendant; providing cordial, timely and appropriate response to public inquiries; preparing a variety of documents and correspondence, including word processing, spreadsheet and database documents; filing; coordinating office supplies and equipment maintenance; and other routine clerical support such as filing, photocopying, faxing, receiving and distributing mail and packages. The position is also responsible for the general facilities upkeep of the office; conference room; kitchen and copy room, and new employee set-up including desk preparation, new employee binder and facilities orientation.
Reports to Office Manager. The Office Services Coordinator may also receive assignments directly from the finance team and other personnel in the office, but will refer to the Office Manager for resolution of conflicting priorities and priority setting. This position involves frequent contact with internal and external parties at all levels of LIIF and outside organizations, including funding sources. The position also regularly communicates with and actively fosters communication between all employees of the company, including staff at LIIF’s satellite offices in DC, LA and NY.
- Although LIIF uses an Auto-Attendant to handle incoming phone calls, the Office Services Coordinator is the primary staff person responsible for handling calls that are referred to an operator for assistance. In those cases, the Office Services Coordinator will use LIIF’s standard protocols and will route calls appropriately or will take accurate and complete messages.
- Manages the building badge access system for employees and visitors. Greets visitors.
- Distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail at the end of each day.
- Handles and tracks incoming packages and outgoing overnight packages; ensures that they are sent on schedule by lowest cost given time constraints.
- Distributes incoming faxes throughout the day.
- At the beginning of each day, and periodically throughout the day, ensures that all copiers, printers and fax machines are fully loaded with paper and that refrigerator is stocked with soft drinks, juice and bottled water and milk for coffee.
- Responsible for all office maintenance and cleanliness including the management of the kitchen and dishes as required throughout the day, the conference rooms and the shared office spaces.
- Ensure the cleanliness of open workspaces in the office (cleaning offices when people leave so they are ready for new employees.) This includes routing files to managers and desk and office cleanliness.
- Maintains copier and printers and is responsible for working with vendor to troubleshoot copier and fax machines for paper jams, toner needs, and scheduled maintenances.
- Orders routine office supplies and kitchen snacks and ensures that supply closet is stocked with standard supplies as determined by Office Manager. Tracks and maintains total spend of San Francisco office on snacks and supplies on a monthly and annual basis in an effort to manage costs
- Responsible for ordering of monthly lunches for Staff Meetings, cakes for birthday/anniversary celebrations and as requested for other company events
- Maintains Company phone directory
- Maintain all mailing supplies including postage and UPS supplies
- Sets up scheduling conference rooms and conference calls, and assisting with organizing office events.
- Manage vendor accounts (assist in the negotiation of rates for office supplies, interface with office machine service technicians and support as needed)
- Complete daily bank deposits (complete check log, copy checks, delivers to HR Assistant. Once deposit is prepared, takes deposit to the bank.)
- Provide administrative assistance as needed to the Office Manager (prepare expense reports, new employee binders, onboarding materials)
- Distributes manual checks
- Perform other projects as assigned.
Previous experience in a responsible Receptionist or clerical support position is required. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010; knowledge of Microsoft Access and PowerPoint a plus.)
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A high school diploma and equivalent work experience is preferred. Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a timely manner, complying with organizational policies and standards. Maintain professional standards of performance and demeanor, including punctuality, professional behavior, initiative and self-motivation, seeing projects through to completion, flexibility, and exercise of discretion and confidentiality. Must possess accuracy; attention to detail; good writing, proofreading, and grammatical skills; a professional manner; and a cooperative, can-do approach. Individual must be committed to LIIF’s mission.
We offer excellent benefits. See our website for overview.
Minimum Education Required