Old Sturbridge Village, the largest outdoor history museum
in the Northeast, is seeking an experienced Development Associate to perform internal functions related to
development operations and be the handler of public and constituent inquiries.
- The Development Associate will serve as the museum’s primary gift processor and donor database manager in a donation-driven organization. Working closely with the members of the Development Department, he/she is responsible for:
- Gift and Membership entry in the Blackbaud Altru database system, including processing the Development mail and generating daily gift and membership reports for the management team;
- Serve as the front-line reception and welcome for the Development, and Membership Offices.
- Answer Development and Membership Office telephones and manage replies to inquiries made by e-mail and the OSV website;
- Ensuring the data integrity of constituent and gift information in the Blackbaud Altru database system;
- Generating and editing mailing lists, and creating other reports using the Altru database system;
- Maintaining records for the audit, pledge fulfillment, and grants processes, and ensuring consistent recordkeeping between the Development and Finance Departments;
- Coordinate nonprofit bulk mailings;
- Operational project support for significant Village events, such as Friends’ Day, Federalist Society Dinner, the annual meeting, and Gala, including managing reservations;
- Generating monthly membership renewal mailings;
- Maintaining a stock of printed materials necessary for the function of the Development and Membership office, together with the Development Operations Associate;
- Aid the Development Operations Associate and Marketing Department in maintaining the Village’s online giving webpages;
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree or have equivalent experience in data entry and management and customer service.
- Experience working or volunteering in a high-volume nonprofit development office is preferred.
- Experience with Blackbaud Altru or other Blackbaud products is ideal, but experience with any CRM database system is required.
- Advanced MS Word and Excel experience is essential, as is the ability to maintain productivity while handling unanticipated customer service tasks.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized with strong attention to detail, as well as be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and to prioritize and complete tasks independently.
The successful candidate will be expected to commute daily to the museum's offices
in Sturbridge, MA.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Old Sturbridge Village, Inc. is an EOE.