4318 North Carlin Springs Road
APAH is an award-winning non-profit affordable housing developer. APAH’s mission is to develop, preserve and own quality affordable places to live; to promote stability and opportunity for our residents; and, to advocate with the people and communities we serve. APAH is a mission driven, community minded and resident focused organization guided by six core values: compassion, integrity, collaboration, innovation, excellence and impact.
About the Position
APAH’s ideal candidate is organized, customer service oriented, calm under pressure and able to manage multiple tasks at a time. They are the type of person who is willing to pitch in and help with any task, large or small, at any time.
The Office Manager manages APAH’s day-to-day operations, including vendors and contracts, supplies and IT, and provides administrative support for the Chief of Staff and other employees. In addition, the office manager plays a key role in recruitment and hiring administration and supports the Community Relations team by taking a lead role in events.
Office Management (60% of time spent)
- Coordinate and maintain overall office systems including copiers, supplies, postage, kitchen items, and mail. Coordinate janitorial and maintenance service for the office.
- Provide basic technology and phone system support to the office and coordinate support from third party consultants.
- Prepare budgets and cost estimations for supplies, hardware, vendors, and other office spending; track spending throughout the year.
- Manage office-vendor relationships with service providers including contract negotiation.
- Maintain all office paper and digital files under the approved filing system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Executive Assistance (15% of time spent)
· Provide administrative support to Chief of Staff, including calendar support, coordinating travel when necessary, and expense reports.
· Scheduling meetings and preparing mailings, presentations and handouts.
· Organize staff meetings and coordinate and maintain master calendar with important deadlines.
· Assist with support for APAH’s Board of Directors as necessary.
· Serve as administrative support to other departments as needed through one-time projects and on an ongoing basis as needed.
Human Resources Support (10% of time spent)
· Editing and posting job positions, working with recruiting firms and hiring managers to determine position goals, with guidance from the Chief of Staff.
· Filtering resumes received and scheduling phone screens and interviews.
· Creating onboarding schedules and administering new hire paperwork.
Special Event Support (15% of time spent)
· Assist Community Resources and Relations team with logistical planning components of events including scheduling planning meetings, coordinating/negotiating vendors, catering, décor, attendees/outreach, run of shows, etc.
· Execute day of timeline and staff management for events, including set up and close out.
· Detail oriented and strong organizational skills; able to efficiently manage multiple projects at one time
· Positive, open to feedback and customer service oriented
· Creative problem solver with strong judgment skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and preference for collaboration with proven success working with others
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
· Experience managing event logistics
· Excellent written skills a plus
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
· BA/BS preferred plus 2-4 years of professional work history
· Primarily required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
· Occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employment
APAH offers equal employment opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and unlawful harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other protected classes or categories as defined by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, training program participation, compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
APAH has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401k and paid leave. Our corporate office in Ballston features free parking.
Level of Language Proficiency
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled, but priority consideration will be given to resumes received by 5:00pm on June 25, 2018.
Minimum Education Required