Details: This is an hourly rate of $25 per hour for 25-30 hours per week.
Coupeville, WA, USA
The Sound Defense Alliance (SDA) is currently seeking a Campaign Organizer. This position supports the SDA Steering Committee to execute an aggressive public campaign to engage and move the public, elected officials, and opinion leaders on the negative impacts of military expansion in our region.
The position reports to the Steering Committee and has the following responsibilities:
· Manage volunteer recruiting, training and on-going activities to enable effective community outreach to broaden the regional engagement and awareness of the adverse community impacts of Navy expansion.
· Track and report on campaign progress, milestones and goals
· Communicate with member organizations, affiliates and donors
· Help organize community events throughout the Puget Sound region
· Provide a focal point for communication for membership inquiries
· Help to manage digital communications (Web, Newsletters,Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc.)
Skills and experience required:
· Community organizing experience (paid, volunteer or internship) in an initiative, election or non-profit
· Experience and familiarity with NGP/VAN platform is highly desired
· Comfortable working in a metrics and deadline driven environment
· Help create a professional staff culture that that is upbeat and empowering, with a mind towards greater inclusion, a customer-service attitude, and willingness to solve problems creatively.
· Experience leading projects staffed with volunteers, with an eye towards building sustainable and permanent grassroots activism
· Strong personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
· Strong social media skills
This position may require working some nights and weekends, and the candidate must have access to a laptop and reliable transportation for the duration of the campaign.
Recruitment for this position is immediate and will remain open until filled. Priority will be given to applicants who apply before September 17, 2018. To apply please send your resume to SDA Steering Committee chair, Maryon@whidbey.net, with a brief description of what interests you about the position. Consideration will be given to all qualified applicants who submit their resume by the time recruitment closes. This position is part-time hourly (25-30) and runs through December 31st 2018 and may be extended into 2019, depending on the needs of the campaign.
The Sound Defense Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required