Tomorrow’s Youth Organization (TYO) is an American non-profit organization that works in disadvantaged areas of the Middle East, enabling children, youth and parents to realize their potential as healthy, active and responsible family and community members. We are recruiting an energetic and experienced International Internship and Fellowship Program Coordinator (IIFC) interested in community development, education, and youth empowerment at our flagship center in Nablus (Palestine).
The International Internship and Fellowship Program Coordinator (IIFC) will work full-time in cooperation with TYO local and international staff. The IIFC will is responsible for facilitating and organizing the international intern/fellow program for international individuals working with children, youth, and women from refugee camps and other marginalized areas of Palestine. The IIFC will work in coordination with local organizations and institutions, including universities in Nablus, acting as a liaison between TYO and the local community and donors.
- Conduct intern/fellow outreach, advertising & recruitment, process applications and set up interviews in coordination with the Center Director (CD)
- Provide cultural and professional orientation and supervision to interns and fellows in workplace and living quarters
- Prepare and oversee interns' and fellows’ monitoring and evaluation process of classes and programs
- Communicate and coordinate with other team members on intern classes for children, youth and women
- Assist with project creation and matching needs and interests of beneficiaries on the ground with interns/fellows skill sets
- Facilitate weekly meetings and make daily task-assignments for interns and fellows
- Produce social media content (and coordinate the production of additional material) for various outlets including TYO website blog posts, Twitter, and Facebook
- Produce monthly e-newsletters for TYO in coordination with the CD
- Oversee all project monitoring and evaluation and provide a bi-weekly written report and quarterly report to the CD
- Establish and manage TYO alumni network in coordination with the Coordinator for US Operations
- Other tasks as requested by Country Director and as needed by organization
- At least 2-3 years experience in international development; applicants without the minimum working experience will not be considered
- BA or MA in relevant fields including education, social work, psychology or mental health
- Experience designing, implementing, and monitoring/evaluating programs
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly resourceful – a “self-starter” with initiative and excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with curriculum development, lesson planning, and teaching
- Maturity, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and a good sense of humor given the challenging nature of daily life in Nablus
- Fluency in English (Arabic is a plus)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as perform as a member of a team
- Commitment to TYO’s non-political, non-religious approach
- Creativity and positive energy for making a difference
In addition to monthly salary, housing (room and board) at TYO's expansive facility will be provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English. Arabic a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest describing their interest in and qualification for the position and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title (International Internship and Fellowship Program Coordinator) in the subject line of the email. Professional references and two writing samples (personal/blog and professional/M&E report styles) will be requested during the interview stages. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.