820 1ST ST NE STE 740
The National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) in Washington, D.C., is seeking an experienced Communication and Digital Specialist to assist in social media strategy and manage the day-to-day maintenance of NDRN’s social channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube); develop new content for NDRN’s website including videos; assist with media outreach and build press lists; provide general communications support; and support communication efforts of NDRN member agencies through technical assistance.
Who We Are: NDRN is the nonprofit membership organization for the congressionally mandated, disability rights agencies known as the Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and Client Assistance Programs (CAP). P&A agencies have the authority to provide legal representation and other advocacy services, under federal laws, to all people with disabilities. NDRN provides training, technical assistance, and legal support to the P&A agencies. NDRN is also involved in legislative advocacy to create a society in which people with disabilities are afforded equal opportunity and are able to fully participate by exercising choice and self-determination. For more information on our organization go to www.ndrn.org.
Digital Content (email, website, social media)
- Create and manage timelines/editorial calendar for NDRN’s social media and website content;
- Manage NDRN’s social media profiles including making status updates, managing follower engagement, monitoring and responding to comments;
- Identify and develop new content for NDRN’s website; create graphics; assist with updating and maintaining NDRN’s current website content;
- Assist with email advocacy, list management and online activism campaigns;
- Provide training, technical assistance, and develop resources on digital content for NDRN member agencies;
Media and Publications
- Support efforts to develop and maintain relationships with reporters, respond to incoming media inquiries, pitch story ideas to media outlets, monitor disability-related news coverage and maintain relevant clips;
- Develop and maintain media lists;
- Assist with production of press releases, reports, talking points;
- Support efforts to increase visibility of NDRN and the work of the P&A/CAP network, and position the association as a key voice on disability-related issues;
- Provide training, technical assistance, and develop resources on media and publications for NDRN member agencies;
Video (Highly Desired)
- Working closely with NDRN staff and members, develop story ideas and write scripts to promote disability voices from the P&A network and the disability community;
- Operate video equipment including camera, audio and lighting;
- Edit video and manage final production;
- Provide training, technical assistance and develop resources for NDRN member agencies on video production;
- Capture photos to supplement video content;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position. Recent college graduates with exceptional qualifications will be considered;
- Exceptional writing ability with demonstrated experience translating complicated topics into clear and compelling text;
- Experience using Joomla or WordPress content management system and basic HTML;
- Basic graphic design skills, including proficiency in design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Video scripting, filming, editing experience (Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Final Cut, etc.);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting the civil and human rights of citizens with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits: NDRN offers a competitive salary, based on experience. Benefits include health plan; Flexible Spending Account; transit and parking benefits; 403(b) retirement plan; paid vacation/sick leave; 10 paid holidays and an onsite gym.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, samples of work (writing, video, and/or website), and salary requirements to the attention of David Card, Communication Manager, NDRN, 820 First Street, NE, Suite 740, Washington, DC 20002, via e-mail at email@example.com, Subject: Communication and Digital Specialist or via U.S. Postal Service. Applications must be submitted by close of business August 24th.