Details: commensurate with experience
4001 North Classen Boulevard
Freedom Oklahoma promotes social welfare and education of the public on issues of concern to gays, lesbians, transgender persons, and women including, without limitation, civil rights matters and discrimination issues, in order to promote equality and equity for a fair and just Oklahoma.
The Executive Director (ED) of Freedom Oklahoma will be a dynamic and proven leader who will work with the Board and staff to fulfill the organization’s vision and mission.
The Executive Director has four major areas of responsibility:
1. Serve as the administrator of the organization, including fiscal oversight, personnel management, and managing all programs and activities.
2. Develop and execute the fundraising programs of the organization.
3. Build and foster community coalitions and direct all levels of organizational communication for Freedom Oklahoma.
4. Lead an ongoing strategic planning effort and manage implementation of that plan.
· 3-5 years experience in senior management level positions in non-profit, social service, governmental, or corporate sectors.
· Fiscal management and supervisory experience.
· Understanding of nonprofit accounting practices.
· Experience creating and managing budgets.
· Experience with forecasting revenues and managing expenses to maintain a balanced budget and cash flow.
· Demonstrated ability to raise funds from foundations and private sources.
· Demonstrated donor relations experience.
· Demonstrated experience working with and reporting to a board of directors.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal & written.
· Exceptional speaking & presentation skills.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to develop, initiate, and maintain new programs.
· Ability to communicate strategically and effectively via social media and other platforms.
· Ability to manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities as necessary.
· Committed to the vision and mission of Freedom Oklahoma.
· Proven history of effective leadership and staff supervision.
· Committed to team building and staff development.
· Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with community leaders, organizations and government bodies.
4. Personal Attributes
· Knowledge of and commitment to LGBTQ issues and activism.
· Exceptional work ethic.
· Commitment to diversity.
· Strong personal ethics.
· Ability to work collaboratively within diverse groups of people.
· Ability to differentiate between personal opinion and organizational positions in communications.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Persistent and determined.
· Receptive to board oversight and direction.
Freedom Oklahoma provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. Freedom Oklahoma’s policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, sex, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, family relationships, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, marital status, political party affiliation, or other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Minimum Education Required