ABOUT PLAYWORKS, At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing the school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills by partnering with schools, districts, and after-school programs through services including digital engagement, on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support play, and consultative partnerships.
Here is where you come in:
Playworks’ Senior Development Associate will be an integral part of a Regional team whose responsibility it is to strengthen relationships with schools and donors in order to support and scale Playworks’ impact throughout Minnesota. Reporting to the Executive Director this individual will support both the Executive Director and Program Director on initiatives and strategies to grow and sustain partnerships with schools, foundations, corporate partners and individual donors.
Additionally, the Senior Development Associate will execute Playworks’ regional events and volunteer engagement strategies to increase awareness of Playworks impact. The Senior Development Associate will be expected to lead by example and demonstrate Playworks’ core values in all internal and external relationships.
A successful candidate will:
- Excel at strategic relationship management and project management.
- Have a proven track record of success motivating and mobilizing diverse stakeholders to deliver on shared goals
- Have demonstrated success working collaboratively across departments within an organization.
- Have the ability to leverage data to shape and execute on key strategies.
- Be able to translate strategic vision across internal/external teams in order to successfully execute programs and deliver outcomes that impact key organizational priorities.
- Have the ability to represent Playworks at corporate and community functions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Relationship Management: Primary relationship owner for current and prospective corporate partners. Working with the Executive director to lead and execute growth strategies for key accounts, including fundraising, new business, and volunteer engagement.
- Funding Proposals: Manage grant making calendar and be aware of upcoming grants and deadlines. Working with the Executive Director this individual will cultivate relationships with foundations and assist in the writing of grant proposals.
- Presentation Materials: Lead the creation of pitch decks, event briefs, impact reports, and stewardship pieces.
- Onboarding of Playworks Staff: Assist the Program Director and National HR to complete all new hire onboarding tasks.
- Data Management: Enter and maintain accurate information within databases in order to ensure data integrity and efficiency of information pulling. This individual will work to gain deeper knowledge of internal systems in order to maximize potential in Salesforce and other platforms as appropriate.
- Board of Directors: Support Executive Director & Program Director with board meeting coordination, materials and communication including recording minutes during meetings and creating summary.
- Communications: Maintain regional communications and marketing materials, including flyers, newsletters and web pages.
- Social Media: Create and administer content on all social media channels (with content direction from the National office and collaboration with partners within the Regional Hub) to increase brand awareness and engagement. .
- Operations: Responsible for managing and executing logistical and supply needs for events, office and program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fund Development Event Management: Lead the administration and execution of the annual Corporate Kickball, Move it Challenge, Get in the Game, and other new events. This individual will oversee and project manage, volunteers, event timelines, sponsorship, and silent auction and coordination of speakers.
- Program Event Management: Lead the administration and planning of the annual Playworks Summer Institute, Pre-Service for Playworks staff, and additional program events as needed.
- Oversee and manage volunteer project timelines, including scheduling, coordination with internal/external parties, material preparation, budget oversight, onsite facilitation, and pre/post communications with participants. These include but are not limited to: Playground Paints, Summer Games, Corporate Coach, Play Days, and Corporate Recess.
- Coordinate internal efforts so all opportunities are volunteer centric and deliver an increased knowledge and understanding of Playworks’ impact.
- Assist in the management and distribution of assets for the Annual End of Year Campaign and other fund development campaigns.
- Assist in the administration of school recruitment and brand awareness campaigns.
- Commitment to excellence and passion for Playworks’ mission.
- 2-4 years of development, account management, program management, and/or events experience.
- High-energy individual who takes initiative, has a positive outlook, entrepreneurial attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a changing environment.
- Ability to be flexible and team oriented. Comfort with a playfully professional workplace culture.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Cultural competency: must possess the ability to work with a diverse group of internal and external individuals, agencies, causes and businesses.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to dynamically facilitate small and large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills both in person and on the phone.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN, Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, etc.). Prior knowledge of InDesign and/or Publisher a plus.
- Proficiency in database applications and data analysis required, preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Willingness to provide support outside of regular business hours (ex. industry events/meetings occasionally occur on nights and weekends) and travel on occasion to various locations throughout Minnesota.
Compensation & Benefits:
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally. We offer:
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director and will be based in Minnesota.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) retirement savings plan, life insurance, employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
This is a hands-on, creative, playful and fun-loving place to work, all while contributing to the success of our nation’s youth. So if you're ready to immerse yourself in the education sector, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a team spirit, apply!
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
- If we think you’re the right fit, we’ll request your references; there’s no need to include them at the outset.
Playworks is changing the way children experience school every day by leveraging the power of safe and healthy play. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. Our ambitions demand that we invest in recruiting, developing and managing a team that reflects the broad diversity of our communities.
Our core values of inclusion, respect, healthy community and healthy play are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work, including recruiting and retaining the best talent we can. While diversity is often used in reference to visual characteristics such as race, ethnicity, age, sex and physical appearance, we embrace a broader definition of diversity that also includes less visible factors, We also recognize that individuals can affiliate with multiple identities.
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of national origin, religion, gender, differing abilities (physical, mental, learning), sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, political affiliation, military experience, and any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.