320 West 37th Street
The People’s Forum is a new non-profit in New York City that will serve as resource for, and will collaborate with community members and organizations in advancing the struggles of the poor and dispossessed. The People’s Forum is located in midtown Manhattan and is scheduled to open in Summer 2018.
Our Mission: The People’s Forum is a movement incubator for working class and marginalized communities to build unity across historic lines of division at home and abroad. We are an accessible educational and cultural space that nurtures the next generation of visionaries and organizers who believe that through collective action a new world is possible.
● Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
● Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects on a periodic basis.
● Notify Facilities Manager concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
● Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
● Stock and maintain supply rooms and cleaning supplies.
● Follow all health and safety regulations.
● Clean and polish furniture and fixtures. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
● Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
● Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
● Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
● Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
● Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
● Work with program staff to set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as events and meetings.
● Proven working experience as a janitor
● Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
● Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
● Integrity and ability to work independently
● High school degree
● Time management/organizational skills.
● Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and ability to multitask.
● Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
● Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in this role and The People’s Forum along with your resume and a writing sample. Applications can be sent to the Executive Director Manolo at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Janitor” in the subject line of the email and submit your application.