The position proactively supports ATD by providing logistical, operational, and administrative aspects of planning conferences, workshops, and other convenings with the goal of producing high quality events. Specific duties include fielding phone calls for events-related inquiries, maintaining and updating various databases and websites, proofing registration website and all event-related materials, coordinating materials for events, and potentially travelling to events to assist with registration and logistics, and attend to other on-site meeting-related items as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Operational Support to Events Team
· Provides customer service and support to conference attendees and internal customer requests/inquiries via email and phone.
· Maintains and updates various databases and websites; monitors and tracks registration and housing; compiles pre-and post-conference reports.
· Schedule organizing meetings/conference call support with internal customers, including preparation of agendas, taking notes
· Generates and proofs correspondence, and all event-related marketing documents such as name badges, agendas, etc.
· Support Set-up and Management of Abstract Submission and Review Sites
· Assures follow-through on all aspects of meeting contracts, with regards to deposits, deadlines, and concessions.
· Prepares invoices for review/payment.
· Manages data in spreadsheets, data imports and exports, develops reports.
· Supports Event staff's goals to maximize revenue from critical events through various means, including by providing staff with up to date research on pricing for comparable events, booth pricing practices, etc.
· Tasks include, but are not limited to, managing communications, preparing and shipping materials, completing post-program close-out tasks, preparing conference materials, and maintaining detailed records.
· Assist with researching and obtaining quotes from outside vendors for various events-related items such as temps, printing projects, photographers, entertainment, dinner locations, etc.
· Assist with population of conference mobile app information via excel spreadsheets
· Other administrative tasks and projects, as assigned.
Provide Operational Support to Events Team
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required
· Minimum three years of operational and administrative experience, preferably at a college or nonprofit organization
· Demonstrated attention to detail and capacity to track and systematize information, along with demonstrated project management skills
· Must have a strong customer service orientation and be comfortable on the phone addressing inquiries
· Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment, easily handling and overcoming scheduling demands/conflicts and multiple simultaneous requests; flexibility and a tolerance for ambiguity
· Skill in organizing, planning and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements
· Independence, good judgment, and diplomatic skills Discretion and exemplary capacity to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to communicate professionally with a variety of constituent groups such presidents, board members, faculty, students, and government and other officials
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to prepare talking points, briefings and short PowerPoint presentations; ability to write fluidly for various audiences
· Ability to demonstrate a collaborative workstyle by building relationships among ATD colleagues, external partners, and others to achieve buy-in and shared understanding; recognizes how own role and responsibilities contribute to the team’s performance vis a vis others’ roles
· Ability to recognize when an isolated issue or problem is part of an interconnected set of issues or more complex problem
· Experience in regularly managing work flow against expectations and an overall work plan in order to ensure alignment and make adjustments as needed
· Required technology skills: Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Google Apps and mobile devices; experience using web-based conference systems; knowledge of web-based mail merging/marketing tools along with experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
Disciplined Execution: Demonstrated ability to manage work processes effectively and efficiently in order to deliver high-volume, high-quality work.
Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates self-awareness and self-regulation and recognizes impact of personal behavior on others.
Systems Thinking: Uses a holistic approach to analysis that focuses on the way that a system’s constituent parts interrelate and how systems work over time and within the context of larger systems.
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Grade: 4
Salary Range: $51,000 to $55,000
Work Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Level of Travel Required: Moderate
Reports To: Director of Meetings and Learning Events
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit the company website here to apply for this position.