3000 Landerholm Circle Southeast
Bellevue College is seeking qualified candidates for the Nursing Instructor position. This is a full-time tenure-track position and will start Fall 2018. Faculty in this position can expect to have an opportunity to teach in multiple programs, both in the classroom and in clinical settings. Classes are offered days, evenings and weekends.
Applications received by 3/25/18 will receive first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until position is filled.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Nursing faculty perform duties and responsibilities under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction and are responsible primarily to the Dean of the Health Sciences, Education and Wellness Institute (HSEWI) and the Associate Dean of Nursing. The faculty is responsible for:
- Teaching face-to-face and hybrid classes (combination of face-to-face and online) in the classroom, in the nursing lab settings, and with students in the clinical setting
- Assessing student learning outcomes
- Participating in on-going curriculum development, revision, implementation and evaluation
- Providing student advising/mentoring; participating in college governance and decision making
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills in areas of assignment
- Engaging in self-reflection and self-evaluation
- Building collaborative relationships between Bellevue College (BC) and health care communities
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to student success through fostering a positive, caring learning environment where diversity and pluralism are valued
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Current Washington state RN license or be eligible for licensure
- An advocate for pluralism with a teaching philosophy appropriate for a diverse (multi-cultural, multi-ability) classroom
HOW TO APPLY To apply, go to www.bellevuecollege.edu/jobs
Application must include the below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online Application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
- Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire
- Attach a Cover Letter that addresses how you meet Minimum and Preferred Qualifications (max 2 pgs)
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae
- Attach a statement of your Teaching Philosophy (max 1 pg)
- Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (minimum 300 words, maximum 325 words, 12 pt font, double-spaced). Please note that your Teaching Philosophy must be a separate response from your Diversity Statement.
- Attach copy of academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be submitted - official transcripts required upon employment)
Minimum Education Required