2633 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 104
The Communications Associate provides day-to-day implementation of a wide range of communications tasks and projects, including handling contacts management, social media, public relations outreach, website updating and assisting with incoming press requests. Works collaboratively with program staff to help spotlight the messages, research and accomplishments of the organization.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Coordinate, manage press list and serve as main point person for broader Impact Justice CRM.
- Serve as main point person for day-to-day updates on Impact Justice’s website.
- Support the Communications Director and Communications Manager in handling day-to-day media outreach tasks, such as putting out press advisories and releases, and handling follow-ups as needed.
- Write and edit press materials, web updates, and other collateral as needed.
- Assist the Communications Manager in building the organization’s social media following and keeping postings current, working with Communications Director and other key staff.
- Participate in and support message development and media training led by the Communications Director.
- Assist Communications Manager with brand management.
- Help develop other communications materials as needed, such as PowerPoint presentations, brochures, fact sheets and issue briefs.
- Collaborate with the team and provide communications support as needed.
- Provide scheduling, planning and logistics for Communications team, including planning for Impact:Ideas forums and other events.
- Assist with internal communications as needed.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in communications, public affairs, social media/web-based or public relations.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and data base management.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Skill at events organizing.
- Strong writing and editing skills (writing samples required).
- Working knowledge of WordPress and website functionality.
- Prior non-profit experience or other relevant experience preferred.
- Must be flexible, able to learn quickly and work under deadline pressure.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, criminal history, disability or genetics. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer communities, and formerly incarcerated and other individuals impacted by the criminal justice system to apply.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Eligible and interested candidates should forward a copy of their resume, at least two writing samples, and cover letter to Commsassociatejob@impactjustice.org. Deadline: March 9, 2018.