Details: Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience.
401 Bremen Street
*Please note that Spanish fluency is required for this role.
Excel Academy Charter Schools is a network of tuition-free, public charter schools serving the Massachusetts communities of East Boston and Chelsea. It was founded to address the severe academic underperformance and low college matriculation rates of the student populations in these neighborhoods. Our founders envisioned a free, public school alternative where all students would be held to the highest academic and behavioral expectations, and college would become a reality. As a true public school, Excel is defined not by whom we exclude but by whom we include in our community. We are proud of the fact that we serve many students with special needs.
The network’s first school opened in fall 2003 in East Boston and now serves 224 students, grades 5 through 8. Excel Academy Chelsea, the 2nd school in our network, opened in fall 2011. Our third school, Excel Academy Orient Heights, opened in August of 2012. And our first high school, Excel Academy Charter High School, opened in fall 2015. Excel now educates 960 students in grades 5-10. At full scale in 2019, Excel will enroll a total of 1,350 students in grades 5-12.
Duties and Responsibilities
Excel Academy-High School is currently seeking a strong Office Manager to provide administrative and operational support to ensure the school runs smoothly. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain the main office as a welcoming, professional, and efficient place for families, visitors, staff, and
· Serve as the first point of contact for families and visitors by answering phones and greeting visitors;
· Translate parent meetings and communication documents as required;
· Manage inventory and organization of supplies and materials;
· Receive and organize school mail and deliveries;
· Ensure the facility and equipment are clean, well-stocked, organized, and in good working condition;
· Perform data-entry and maintain accurate records and paperwork;
· Create and prepare communication material for families, staff, or students;
· Support food service to students and staff as necessary;
· Serve as a productive member of the Excel Community and the Operations Team
· A Bachelor’s degree is not required, but preferred;
· The ability to speak Spanish is required;
· An unwavering commitment to and belief in the mission of Excel Academy Charter Schools, including Excel’s
values and educational model;
· A commitment to working with underserved, urban youth;
· The ability to meet deadlines and manage time and tasks effectively;
· The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
· The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing
their best work; and
· An entrepreneurial spirit that reflects an openness to change, a willingness to problem-solve, and an interest in
developing new ideas & programs.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency is required for this role.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://www.excelacademy.org/join-our-team/ to learn more about working at Excel, and/or visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/excel to view a current list of career opportunities and submit an application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.