Details: Commensurate with experience.
7501 Wisconsin Avenue
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director of Office Services
The primary responsibility of the receptionist is to ensure that the front desk runs efficiently throughout the day. The receptionist must maintain a professional and organized environment; as the front desk serves as the central point of contact for NACHC’s members, guests and staff.
She/he is responsible for the efficient prompt handling of incoming phone calls, mail and deliveries. The receptionist interacts professionally and cooperatively with NACHC members, staff and individuals outside the Association.
- Answers all incoming phone calls from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm and responsible for maintaining phone coverage throughout the day.
- Greet visitors and monitors reception area to ensure the security of the office and report suspicious activity.
- Process incoming, outgoing, priority mail and faxes. Works with DC and VA offices to ensure on time/appropriate courier runs.
- Understands NACHC’s organizational chart to efficiently triage calls and email queries appropriately, to include regular contact with DC’s Office Manager.
- Serves as a point of contact for the property management service-related work order submissions.
- Train staff on how to use the phone system and general duties of the front desk.
- Assist the Deputy Director with ad-hoc OS administrative tasks.
- Assist staff with conference room/bridge scheduling.
- Work with the Director of HR to maintain NACHC's internal community board.
- Recognize staff birthdays and milestone employment anniversaries.
- Assist finance with invoices and meeting confirmations.
- Back up to OS/HR assistant with mail processing and distributing packages.
- Serve as back up to the OS/HR Assistant to ensure kitchen tidiness.
Required Education and Requirements:
- A minimum of 3-5 years receptionist experience, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Team player with solid work ethic and must be prompt and maintain a consistent work attendance.
- Ability to be resourceful, resilient and proactive when issues arise.
- Multi-line telephone experience required. Experience with operating a Digium phone system, a plus.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Must have a professional appearance, demeanor and telephone voice.
- Must display exceptional attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Minimum Education Required