Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategies and Partnerships, the Director of Award Management is responsible for ensuring that all sponsored and non-sponsored projects awarded to ICAP are managed in full compliance with sponsor requirements, terms and conditions and University policies. The Director serves as ICAP’s senior point of contact with the Columbia University Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) offices and works in collaboration with SPA and ICAP leadership to address all sponsor requirements and negotiations associated with ICAP’s portfolio of sponsored projects. S/he es manages and mentors a team of Senior Grants and Project Managers who are tasked with the effective management of major gifts, grants and contracts throughout the project life cycle. The Director is also responsible for managing ICAP’s internal policies and procedures related to major gifts, grants and contracts, and for the dissemination of relevant best practices across the organization.
Award Management: (50%)
• Builds and maintains feedback mechanisms to ensure early detection and mitigation of organizational risk associated with ICAP’s portfolio of awards;
• Directly supervises a team of Senior Grants and Project Managers tasked with the effective management of awards throughout their full project life cycles; oversees the preparation, production and submission of ICAP sponsored project proposals and ensures all submissions are of the highest quality and fully compliant with sponsor and Columbia University terms, conditions and requirements;
• Provides strategic guidance and expertise into ICAP’s sponsored project proposals and costing packages
• Manages ICAP’s internal review and negotiation of award terms and conditions, including scope of work, budget, payment provisions, and reporting requirements and manages communication with sponsors either directly or indirectly via SPA, when appropriate;
• Leads organizational level of effort planning and review processes in association with sponsored project proposals and renewals;
• Ensures that internal project, knowledge and grant management systems within ICAP fully support requirements for project proposal development, post award management, and key project management actions such as the development of costed workplans, financial monitoring and reporting, and the development of quarterly and annual reports;
• Informs ICAP senior leadership regarding risks associated with implementation of ICAP’s portfolio of awards including changing terms and conditions, delays in the issuance of project funding, or delayed execution of grants and contracts;
• Develops and implements ICAP processes and procedures for the operational management of major gifts and implementation of activities under major gifts
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Stakeholder Engagement (45%)
• Leads the design and implementation of ICAP’s award management training system;
• Works directly with ICAP Principal Investigators (PIs), units and country offices to ensure clear communications regarding award management and any sponsor requirements;
• Serves as the primary point for internal ICAP staff and external Columbia University departments and Sponsored Project Administration (SPA), on matters related to ICAPs sponsored projects portfolio
• Works directly with ICAP funding agencies to address award management related queries and requirements
• Manages the development of strategic responses to sensitive project-related inquiries received from sponsors;
• Represent ICAP in sponsor-led meetings and consultations;
• Identifies weaknesses and/or gaps within ICAP’s internal award management policies and procedures and develops solutions to address them.
Other duties as directed (5%)
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategies and Partnerships, the Director of Award Management is responsible for ensuring that all sponsored and non-sponsored projects awarded to ICAP are managed in full…