Independent Contractor as Project Manager for EPA Grant for Citizens Committee for New York City
- Job posted by Citizens Committee for New York City, Inc.
CCNYC is seeking a motivated individual to work as an independent contractor to be the Project Manager for a 1 year EPA grant. The Project Manager will work under the direction and supervision of two local advisors to perform administrative, operational and programmatic tasks. The manager will have the help of a part time Project Assistant who they will be responsible for managing. The successful candidate is expected to be available for an average of twelve and a half hours per week. The manager must have access to a computer, telephone, and internet. The need for availability will vary at times, with peak needs leading up to and during the pilot. This position starts in November
Please read the full EPA grant application (10 pages) before applying for this position.
The goal of the grant is to develop and implement a reusable takeout container pilot/case study for a corporate office with food service operations onsite. We intend to highlight the cost saving opportunities and benefits of reusable container programs. We will tailor the pilot to the corporation selected, build a case study identifying lessons learned, and further refine the information and materials developed during the pilot into a toolkit that can be used to roll out reusables programs at other corporations with onsite cafeterias. Lessons learned from a successful corporate cafeteria reusable container refill model will help establish the foundation for reusables pilot programs at other types of food service operation, such as fast casual food restaurants.
- Manage the pilot program for 11 months
- Create presentations to pitch pilot concept to stakeholders
- Maintain contact management database
- Manage outreach to find corporate partner
- Meeting scheduling and managing
- Oversee the creation and management of a budget for corporate program
- Develop outreach materials for brochures, signage, registration forms, etc.
- Write quarterly report for EPA
- Manage EPA supplies budget
- Provide weekly updates to advisors
- Attend all meetings related to pilot program
- Train and educate pilot partners and staff on program operations
- Tabling and outreach to sign up pilot participants
- Assist with various grant administrations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communications skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Passion for and experience with environmental and waste management issues
- Charismatic, enthusiastic, positive energy to work environment
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule, some week more than others
- New York City resident
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- Spanish speaking a plus
This position is as an independent contractor. The Contractor will be responsible for all income taxes. This position pays $30/hour, equating to an average of 12.5 hours per week.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, resume by October 19, 2018 to Laura Rosenshine email@example.com Email subject EPA Job Application. Please include available times for interview for the week of Oct 22nd.