Details: $12 per hour
475 Riverside Drive
ABOUT PURE EARTH
Pure Earth www.pureearth.org is an international not-for-profit dedicated to tackling pollution, a leading cause of the death in world, killing more people than HIV, TB and malaria combined every year. A global leader in this field, Pure Earth identifies and cleans up the world's worst polluted places in low and middle-income countries, focusing on sites where human health, especially that of women and children, is most at risk. Since 1999, Pure Earth has completed 90 pilot projects in 20 countries, impacting 4.2 million lives. In addition Pure Earth is spearheading a landmark pollution report to be published in 2017 in the world-renowned medical journal, The Lancet, which will release new data on the health and economic impacts of pollution as well as the solutions.
In late 2016, Pure Earth launched its first strategic fundraising initiative, “Campaign for 10 Million Lives,” with the goal of raising $10 million over three years, enabling the organization to expand in all areas including pilot projects that cleanup contaminated sites and polluting work practices; research; and policy and public education campaigns. Ten million lives will benefit from this important campaign.
Pure Earth seeks a qualified intern(s) to assist the Chief Development Officer and Director of Development with the Campaign for 10 Million Lives which employs a diverse strategy to raise major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with planning and logistics of upcoming educational and fundraising events.
- Provide administrative support with the donor activities.
- Researching donors and prospects.
- Data entry in the donor database --Sales Force.
- Writing donor correspondence and reports.
- Working with the Communications Department on donor outreach through social media and e-blasts.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and online research tools
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion
- Strong writing skills.
Great atmosphere and meaningful work.
Level of Language Proficiency
English is needed. Other languages could be helpful, but not necessary.
Minimum Education Required