About the Organization: Preservation of affordable Housing (POAH) is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and steward affordable rental housing to provide stability, hope and economic security to low- and moderate-income individuals, seniors and families. POAH owns and operates more than 10,000 affordable homes at more than 100 properties in 11 states and the District of Columbia, and is based in Boston with offices in Chicago and Washington, DC.
POAH’s reach is national in scope, and its pursuit of the preservation mission is empowered by a focus on the business bottom line. Its strong reputation is the result of a demonstrated ability to craft complex financial transactions, tackle tough multi-family projects, and close deals that preserve the affordability of ‘at risk’ properties. The organization and its leaders are at the forefront of policy and legislative discussions around housing preservation, affordable housing finance and regulatory reform, including energy efficiency in the multifamily sector.
About the Opportunity: POAH is seeking an Acquisitions Manager to work under the Senior Vice President of Acquisitions in its acquisitions group. The position will be responsible for: the analysis and review of rental housing acquisition opportunities; deal structuring, negotiation, acquisition prospecting and relationship building; presentation of opportunities to internal and board staffed investment committees. Some of the specific and essential tasks may include:
· Identify project opportunities, develop acquisition strategies, and negotiate with sellers, lenders and investors.
· Review project information/broker materials and determine financial feasibility independently and/or in consultation with other team members.
· Prioritize and track opportunities in support of POAH’s strategic plan;
· Organize and present acquisition recommendations to internal and external investment committees;
· Monitor the progress of projects through the acquisition and development process;
· Work with strategic partners - affordable housing advocates, lenders and investors, in a variety of jurisdictions and geographies;
· Identify and analyze opportunities for policy recommendations that would benefit the core business practices of the company and the industry.
· Update and expand POAH’s acquisition modeling and tools to utilize company portfolio data and current market analytics
· Provide feedback to project analysts in reviewing acquisition opportunities.
· Coordinate POAH response to housing and community development Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
In the course of successfully completing these varied and challenging responsibilities, the candidate must be - and has the opportunity to be: creative, nimble, innovative, collaborative, confident and able.
Candidates for this position should possess at least 2-5 years of relevant experience and knowledge in some or all of the following areas:
· Housing and community development, especially affordable housing and the regulations and financing applicable to the industry;
· Project management;
· Financial modeling;
· Multifamily real estate sales and appraisal;
· Structuring, negotiating and bringing deals to closure;
· Public and private financing and transaction structuring;
· Design and construction management, preferably multi-family construction and rehab;
· Regulatory issues related to real estate development work;
· Conceiving of projects and promoting them to diverse audiences, including community-based and resident organizations, sellers, lenders, regulators, and investors.
Candidates should have demonstrated ability to:
· Perform spreadsheet and other financial analyses,
· Be flexible, creative and adaptive;
· Work within a team with diverse interests and backgrounds;
· Communicate effectively in person and in writing;
· Make convincing public presentations using Powerpoint and other tools;
· Manage simultaneous and competing activities and demands, and
· Remain organized and meet deadlines.
A master’s degree is preferred but not required.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please go to: http://tiny.cc/POAHAcqManager
POAH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization: Preservation of affordable Housing (POAH) is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and steward affordable rental housing to provide stability, hope and economic security to low- and…