518 South Frederick Avenue
The Director of Adult Bereavement Services is responsible for the management and coordination of support programs and services for grieving adults provided by Hospice Caring. Programs include bereavement support groups, a weekend-long, bereaved caregivers’ retreat, Tree-of-Love memorial ceremony, and community workshops and presentations. All programs and services target Montgomery County residents.
Part-time, Exempt (24 hrs/wk)
Four days/week, 6 hours/day. Flexible. Some evening/weekend required
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree in counseling, social work, thanatology or related field preferred.
Required Experience & Skills:
1. Expertise working with loss and grief.
2. Understanding of the grief process and best practices for providing support
3. Proven skills in program coordination, preferably in a non-profit organization
4. Experience recruiting, training, mentoring and managing volunteers
5. Outstanding relationship building skills with clients, volunteers, colleagues, and the community
6. Demonstrated ability to embrace culturally diverse populations
7. Excellent problem solving skills
8. Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
9. Superior organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a complex work environment
10. Effective time management and attention to detail required
11. Ability to work as part of a team in a service-oriented environment
12. Proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable learning and using databases
13. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
14. Other duties as assigned
Hospice Caring, founded in 1989, is a community-based, nonprofit organization that provides caring, compassionate, practical and high-quality, non-medical support services, without charge, to Montgomery County adults and children facing a life-threatening illness or grieving the death of a loved one. Programs include patient companionship and respite care, adult bereavement support services, children’s bereavement support services, and community education.
For a detailed job description and info about our organization, please visit http://www.hospicecaring.org/career-opportunities.html.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a flexible, caring, and friendly work environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaker preferred.
Minimum Education Required