Martha's Vineyard Hospital is searching for a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and initiative to serve as the full-time Development Coordinator. This individual will report to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and work closely with the Development Team. Key responsibilities include database management, gift processing, event assistance, art collection supervision and administrative support.
- Maintain donor database ensuring that all information is entered according to protocol, updated and accurate.
- Master donor database function for gift processing, donor recognition, moves management tracking, running reports/queries, importing/exporting data and executing mail merges.
- Troubleshoot issues with fundraising support teams/MGB.
- Ensure accurate and timely data pulls from donor database for appeals, events and department activities.
- Provide requested donor information and reports for MVH and MGB Finance.
Gift Processing and Stewardship
- Enter all gifts into donor database with accurate information on donor intent, purpose, etc.
- Notify Development Team of significant donations as well as gifts made by Trustees and managed donors.
- Draft acknowledgement letters to be signed by senior staff per protocol.
- Manage all in-kind contributions and process accordingly.
Event and Art Collection Support
- Provide critical support to the Assistant Director of Development in managing details related to events. Responsibilities include maintaining event schedules, communicating with staff regarding upcoming deadlines, tracking event details and ordering of participant gifts/event supplies.
- Work closely with members of the Art Committee and Facilities Department on all logistics involved in managing the art intake, gift processing, acknowledgment, framing, hanging and website recognition.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Development Office, responding to all donor inquiries.
- Assist with the logistics of donor site visits and management of committee meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Team (scheduling, filing, drafting correspondence/minutes, ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, etc.).
- Process invoices create purchase orders and execute expense reports.
- Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy with the ability to achieve results.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of management, volunteers and donors in a professional manner.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment; ability to take directions well.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong database skills or ability to learn relevant skills.
- Limited night and weekend work may be required before and during select events.
- Valid license and ability to drive.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2-3 years of experience in related field.