641 D Street, NW
The Community Programs and Rentals Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the Woolly Mammoth rentals program and for line producing community events held in conjunction with internal Woolly Mammoth departments. This position reports to the General Manager and offers the opportunity to help an exciting and innovative theater company build partnerships for its surrounding community by providing assistance with logistical support, while aiding the financial strength of the institution. This is a salaried position, with a standard work day from 12-8 pm along with the possibility of weekend hours and early morning/late nights based on Woolly’s event schedule.
· Manage communication with in-bound rental clients by fielding telephone calls and email inquiries, scheduling necessary calls and meetings, giving venue tours, selling event space, and interacting with clients prior to, during, and after an event;
· Coordinate with the General Manager and Associate Production Manager about space and equipment availability;
· Supervise roster of part-time rental and event staff, including scheduling, payroll, and training;
· Maintain all budgets pertaining to both expenses and revenue from rentals; and
· Build positive relationships with clients and partnerships for future exchange.
· Work with multiple departments to identify technical and logistical needs for internal events such as opening nights, pre- and post-show programming and other community engagement and Connectivity events;
· Coordinate with department managers to understand each event budget and appropriately staff events;
· If necessary, organize travel for non-local community programming participants.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Previous experience in arts management, production, or sales;
· Ability to be a strategic thinker;
· Proficiency with Tessitura a plus;
· Good communication skills, both in person and on the telephone;
· Excellent organizational skills; and
· Ability to work well with a variety of people representing all aspects of the theater’s work
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required