Title: Program Assistant
Department: Global Fund Management Unit
Based in Washington, D.C.
Reports to the Program Manager
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
We are looking for a Program Assistant to support program management functions in the Global Fund Management Unit (GFMU). The Program Assistant (PA) will have wide ranging responsibilities and work with PSI staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative and financial tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Program Manager for the GFMU.
The position will form part of a global backstopping team based in DC and will be expected to interact regularly with the field offices in the region, as well as other departments in Washington including Contracts, Finance and Procurement. The ideal candidate is someone who will pro-actively meet administrative needs, can juggle multiple, competing priorities, and will enthusiastically ensure smooth and timely flow of work.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/2qyqdv9jhhnpt6vy"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vNOQ77KtXeqjxcowEuA5or">
Sound like you? Read on.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and financial support to the staff of the GFMU, ensuring smooth and timely flow of work and will be assigned to support specific projects. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide dynamic and proactive administrative support to the GFMU team
- Serve as the point of contact for all unit-wide requests and manage GFMU email group and SharePoint pages.
- Manage requisitions for procurements and consultant contracts
- Review and process vendor and consultant invoices generated through DC
- Support maintenance of internal report management systems and tools
- Manage and organize Unit events such as: meetings, retreats, team building activities, etc.
- Assist with travel arrangements for GFMU staff including: helping to secure visas for urgent travel, making hotel reservations, and scheduling appointments
- Maintain and build a system of filing, classifying, and tracking documentation and support the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Advanced computer skills with strong Excel skills (and including MS Office applications)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
- Proficiency in French
Successful candidates will be customer service oriented, exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills; have proven problem solving ability; be able to work efficiently and quickly under pressure; be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks; and have the ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on assignments. Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated interest in international health and development issues.
Icing on the cake
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; you feel comfortable speaking up when you have something important to say and have the ability to effectively interact with senior management.
- Mind for Process Improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won't hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen.
- Champion of Fun. You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. We like people with a team attitude who smile and encourage others through both easy and tough tasks.
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply