Details: Include salary requirement in cover letter.
1875 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) is a growing nonprofit based in Washington D.C. that seeks to advance the education of children worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Global Schools First Director (GSF) who can lead the implementation, marketing, and growth of the program.
ACEI’s Global Schools First (GSF) program provides a school assessment and recognition opportunity for primary schools around the globe who are committed to fostering critical competencies—skills and knowledge—that children need to be successful in today’s complex and increasingly interconnected world.
- Implement a pilot test of the GSF program in primary schools.
- Lead the development of dynamic tools, surveys, questionnaires, quizzes, etc. to engage educators and school leaders in the GSF program.
- Work with ACEI staff to advertise and market the Global Schools First program to primary schools worldwide.
- Create Global Citizenship Action Alerts and creative marketing messages in coordination with ACEI staff.
- Communicate, outreach and build relationships with organizations working on global citizenship education who may be interested in learning about the GSF program.
- Serve as ACEI’s representative at global citizenship meetings or on related coalitions.
- Engage a small advisory group to support ACEI’s GSF program.
- Create a resource list of global citizenship education experts.
- Develop special programs such as mini-conferences, virtual conferences and small events that have a Global Schools First or global citizenship education (GCED) focus.
- Develop and locate global citizenship education resources that reflect sensitivity to varying types of schools and learning environments in various geographic locations.
- Write short papers, briefs or articles about global citizenship education from various national perspectives.
- Support grant writing efforts in coordination with ACEI’s Development Specialist and Grant Writer to fund the Global Schools First program.
- Monitor policy developments in global citizenship education both at the international and national levels.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure:
- Successful completion of Masters Degree in international education, global education, international development or related field. (A Masters Degree in Communications & Marketing may be considered with significant experience in international education.)
- Experience with the education sector and basic understanding of Global Citizenship Education/21st Century Skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills that will support the promotion and adoption of the GSF program around the world.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
- A self-starter, requiring minimal direction, who can multi-task and effectively prioritize
- Forward-looking, positive approach to get new program off the ground and running.
- Knowledge of program development, creation of education materials, design and implementation of training programs, and marketing and outreach of programs
- International work/life experience required.
- Experience with International School networks helpful but not required.
- Language skills- English and one other language preferred, but not required.
- Limited international travel may be required.
This position is supervised by the Executive Director.
Open Until Filled
**Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Association for Childhood Education International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability.
Benefits offered include a 403b retirement plan, paid holidays and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required and one other language preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required