New Beginnings strives to build a meaningful, welcoming and equitable workplace, inclusive of diverse voices, experiences and perspectives. New Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors, people of color and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply.
RESPONSIBILITY: Represent the values and mission of New Beginnings to the community with compassion and integrity. Contribute to the establishment and fulfillment of the agency’s development goals. Support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual fund donors through appeals, communications and giving clubs. Complete timely gift processing and regular stewardship activities. Provide back-up and support for the major gifts and events programs.
REPORTS TO: Development Director
HOURS: 40 hours/week, primarily Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend commitments.
COMPENSATION: $55,000 + DOE; medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; retirement contribution; paid time off; educational training allowance.
Donor Communications (50%)
- Develop and manage the annual communications calendar, ensuring a robust, compelling and inspiring communication series that conveys New Beginnings’ impact.
- Coordinate the production of the agency’s electronic and print communications including, but not limited to, the annual report, newsletters and stewardship mailings, including creating and editing content, storyboarding and ensuring a consistent message.
- Ensure the growth and retention of annual fund donors by leading the strategy for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of this essential group of supporters.
- Develop inspiring and compelling direct mail appeals and online campaigns.
- Develop and implement a proactive strategy for promoting and growing the Hope Network monthly giving program.
- Lead the agency’s social media strategy and serve as primary poster and coordinator.
- Act as the agency liaison with external print vendors and graphic designers.
- Manage the agency’s website, ensuring it meets both development and programmatic needs.
- Manage the email distribution service.
Grant Writing (25%)
- Research and identify foundation and corporate foundation funding opportunities.
- Prepare proposals, cover letters and relevant attachments for identified funders ensuring all proposal guidelines are met.
- Consult with New Beginnings Executive, Development, and Program Directors and others as needed to ensure the quality and accuracy of proposal related program information and data.
- Write and submit grant reports to foundation funders as required.
Gift Processing and Reporting (10%)
- Prepare accurate and timely revenue records, thank-you letters, pledge reminders, and other donor correspondence; batch revenue into Raiser’s Edge and mail thank you letters within 24-72 hours of gift receipt.
- Maintain the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge donor database, ensuring accurate, consistent data entry and continuous record cleanup
- Provide gift notifications to the Development Team and Executive Director for stewardship calls and other personal outreach.
- Produce custom reports and mailing lists as requested.
- Maintain records and communications with regard to workplace giving and matching gifts.
- Reconcile all income with accounting and update the Development Dashboard on a monthly basis.
Department Support (10%)
- Collaborate with the Development Director and other development staff on the creation of annual development plan, setting annual fund campaign goals, tracking progress throughout the year and course correcting as needed to ensure goals are met or exceeded.
- Provide cost-benefit and other analyses of annual fund and communications activities as needed.
- Provide support to the Special Events Coordinator as needed; collaborate to ensure post-event engagement strategies support annual fund activities.
- Oversee department volunteers, ensuring they are given appropriate tasks and their time is utilized to support all fundraising efforts as needed.
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement Coordinator, provide community outreach at workplace giving fairs and speaking engagements.
- Participate in staff meetings, planning days and agency trainings.
- Participate in professional fundraising training opportunities.
- Provide back-up for administrative office staff: answering phones, receiving visitors, collecting and sorting daily mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Director or the Executive Director.
- Commitment to the mission of New Beginnings and to the needs to domestic violence survivors.
- Willingness to learn about and promote equity and social justice within and outside of New Beginnings.
- Requires the ability to write with passion, eloquence and efficiency.
- Development experience a plus, but we can coach you on donor/grants writing best practices if needed.
- Requires excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think strategically and communicate graciously with diverse people.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, especially Word and Excel.
- The ability to work well, and provide leadership, as part of a team.
- Demonstrated success in handling a variety of tasks and project management.
- A dependable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
Email resume and cover letter detailing experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
Additional agency information available at www.newbegin.org
Minimum Education Required