DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with the standards of the social work profession and requirements of the funding source, responsible for the:
- The provision of in-home and in-office assessment of the social and emotional needs of the older adult client and his family, utilizing prescribed standardized assessment instruments securing where appropriate the assistance of other social work and/or other professional consultants.
- The development and implementation of a written case plan for the provision of the full range of social services for the client and family, including:
- Individual and family counseling and guidance in the resolution of problems of the client.
- The provision of appropriate information to clients and collaterals regarding the normal physical, social, and psychological development of individuals, challenges to functioning presented by conditions of impairment, disease, social stresses, and dysfunction; and ways of coping and preserving individual functioning and autonomy.
- The provision of specific information about health, welfare, legal services, education, recreation, and other services available to serve the client.
- Screening of client eligibility, preparing applications for securing benefits and entitlements.
- Arrange for direct provision of social, health, legal, spiritual/pastoral services.
- Referral to, and maintain cooperative relationships with other community agencies, to meet the needs of clients.
- Assesses the client’s needs, monitoring of service efficacy, and appropriate revision of the care plan as needed.
- Informs supervisor of situations of crisis or circumstances where the worker requires further guidance.
- Conducts group counseling, community education, and support groups.
- Represents the organization at community conferences and meetings.
- Participates in training and unit meetings.
- Completes required case records, reports, and statistics, utilizing computers, if so required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MSW or related Master’s level degree (e.g. human services, social services, public administration, nursing or public health)
- Good writing/record keeping skills.
- Must be computer literate, including the ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Knowledge of Russian and/or Spanish helpful.
- Ability to travel to clients' homes using mass transit, and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients' residences.
- An understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values have as they relate to serving clients and families.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment