Details: Hiring salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
1776 D Street, N.W.
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, a non-profit women’s membership organization, has full-time opportunity in the Development Office for a Development Associate to contribute to the planning and implementation of the DAR stewardship program.
Primary responsibilities will focus on carrying out the administrative and operational aspects of donor stewardship programs, specifically answering phones, data entry and processing of donations, including soft credits and credit memos, tracking and troubleshooting exceptions, and preparing recognition and acknowledgment correspondence, such as notes, letters and personalized cards, to donors at all giving levels. The Development Associate will also work closely with new cumulative-year giving donors, prepare Welcome Packets, plan and coordinate various special club events at NSDAR’s annual meeting, and work with the Development Director and Development Operations Team Leader on special projects, as assigned.
- Two years administrative, customer service or donor processing experience in a development/fundraising, non-profit or relationship-management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with Board, staff, members and the public.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to accurately proofread, catch errors and correct work product.
- Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including data entry, mail merge, labels and list production, importing large amounts of data from different sources, Excel spreadsheets and donor/member database (iMIS).
- Well-developed organization and multi-tasking skills, highly detail oriented and excellent follow-up capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight and/or multiple deadlines.
Preference will be given to candidates who have iMIS database experience, or a Bachelor’s degree and experience working in a development/fundraising environment, or in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired.
For more information about the mission and activities of the DAR please visit our website at www.dar.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to:
Attn: Human Resources
1776 D Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006-5303
Fax: (202) 737-5702