Details: $18 - $21 hr. , 20 hours week, non-exempt, schedule flexible/TBD
StarVista is the leading provider of counseling, crisis intervention, and skill building services for children, youth, adults and families in San Mateo County. Through more than 30 programs, we serve 41,000 individuals each year. StarVista’s strength-based, holistic approach informs our client services and our organizational culture, and is guided by our core values of respect, passion, partnerships, accountability, innovation, and integrity.
StarVista is seeking a detail-oriented, collaborative professional to fill the role of Development Assistant & Board Liaison. The Development Assistant & Board Liaison will report to the Director of Development & Marketing and will provide team support including data entry, mail merge, event registration, and more, as well as serve as the primary point of contact for the agency’s Board of Directors. This is a non-exempt position, with pro-rated benefits, at 20 hours/week.
Position Purpose & Objectives
The Development Assistant & Board Liaison will assist the Development & Marketing team with growing and maintaining a robust fundraising program including individual donors, foundations, and events. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and administrative skills, an ability to communicate effectively in person, in email, and by phone, strong attention to detail, and enthusiasm for StarVista’s mission.
This role also serves as the primary agency liaison for the Board of Directors. This position provides critical support to achieving the fundraising and programmatic goals of the agency, and is a key member of this dynamic and collegial team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Data entry of gifts into donor database
· Generate gift acknowledgment letters using export and mail merge functionality
· Manage online event registration and ticketing
· Maintain and update donor database including address changes, donor preferences
· Assist with scheduling for meetings.
· Work with Finance Team on monthly reconciliation of gifts
· Coordinate monthly meeting of Board of Directors including distribution of agenda, meeting materials, making room reservations, documenting meeting minutes.
· Other duties as assigned to support the Development department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Collaborative and communicative
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Flexible, resourceful, creative problem-solver
· Strong communication skills across variety of audiences and through variety of means
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects at once.
· Comfort and aptitude with learning new technologies
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Database management experience—donor database/CRM experience preferred
· Commitment to quality and accuracy
WORKING CONDITIONS: Employee will work in an office environment and handle confidential documents.
ECUATION & EXPERIENCE:
· BA or BS degree preferred
· At least two years of professional administrative or other relevant experience
All full-time employees receive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, accrue three weeks vacation and two personal days in their first year of employment, and are eligible to participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a 401K retirement plan. The agency recognizes 13 paid holidays annually. Benefits for part-time employees are pro-rated according to scheduled hours.
It is our belief that staff diversity promotes appropriate responsiveness to community needs, provides representative role models for all clientele, and improves the quality of our services in a host of ways.
Employment decisions and services provided to clients are not based on race, color, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. StarVista fully supports the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state disability law.
Minimum Education Required